PDA

View Full Version : Hi, New People!

_Erin_
04-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Hello to any of our new members, or those of you that have hung around for a while and haven't yet posted! I'm Erin, and I have made myself the "Unofficial Walmart Greeter" around here lately. :)

I know when I first started posting here, I felt very welcome. I want you to feel welcome and comfortable, too. There is a lot of help to be found on this site, whether you are an alcoholic or addict yourself, or you love one... or both!

I am the adult child of an alcoholic (my mother). I came from a long line of alcoholism, and after losing my mom a couple years ago and becoming a mommy myself at the same time, it became very important to me to break the cycle. The goal then became not just to break the cycle, but to heal from the hurt, and learn how to grow, and use what I've experienced for a better purpose than to just wallow in sorrow. So... here I am!

I just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and to encourage you to post wherever you feel most comfortable. Please, feel free to introduce yourself here with as much or as little as you want to say. (There is no rule about what you have to share here.) Or check out one of the other threads. Or message one of us personally and privately, if that's what you need!

Whatever you choose to do, just know that whatever you're going through, whatever you're feeling right now... somewhere on this site, someone else feels the same way. You are not alone!

_Erin_
04-22-2013, 05:41 AM
Bumping this so it doesn't get buried!

_Erin_
04-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Bumpity-bump-bump! :)

Jen
04-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Erin, what a good idea :)

_Erin_
04-30-2013, 05:53 AM
Thank you, Jen! Let's hope someone else thinks so enough to say something. lol :)

hayden
04-30-2013, 10:30 AM
I've been a lurker for many months. I've tried on my own, but with little success. Today is Day 1. My stomach feels horrible and I'm terrified of any permanent damage I've done to my body. If I knew for sure that I had achieved permanent damage, I would probably just keep drinking. I know that's not sane thinking, but it's the truth. Time to get back to work.

carol
04-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi Hayden and welcome! Come on over to the main "stop drinking" thread and join in. You'll find people hanging to their first few days and people with many months of freedom. What we share is we got tired of killing ourselves and were ready to do something about it. Here's to day 2 for you! Go for it.

Chad
04-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Hayden
Please don't think that way, even if you have done damage, chances are the human body is so resilient it will bounce back. Time away from drinking; will heal the heart and the mind and your inner soul. Please come on the main thread and let us try too help you, to beat this Demon we call Alcohol. Please stop lurking and join us. Take care.

Chad

_Erin_
05-01-2013, 05:34 AM
Hi Hayden, welcome! I'm so glad you spoke up! I hope you will take the advice of these two and join in the discussion. They've been where you are, they know what they're talking about. :) I wish you all the best!

_Erin_
05-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Hi, New People!

Hello to any of our new members, or those of you that have hung around for a while and haven't yet posted! I'm Erin, and I have made myself the "Unofficial Walmart Greeter" around here lately.

I know when I first started posting here, I felt very welcome. I want you to feel welcome and comfortable, too. There is a lot of help to be found on this site, whether you are an alcoholic or addict yourself, or you love one... or both!

I am the adult child of an alcoholic (my mother). I came from a long line of alcoholism, and after losing my mom a couple years ago and becoming a mommy myself at the same time, it became very important to me to break the cycle. The goal then became not just to break the cycle, but to heal from the hurt, and learn how to grow, and use what I've experienced for a better purpose than to just wallow in sorrow. So... here I am!

I just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and to encourage you to post wherever you feel most comfortable. Please, feel free to introduce yourself here with as much or as little as you want to say. (There is no rule about what you have to share here.) Or check out one of the other threads. Or message one of us personally and privately, if that's what you need!

Whatever you choose to do, just know that whatever you're going through, whatever you're feeling right now... somewhere on this site, someone else feels the same way. You are not alone!