PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Tim525
06-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi, my name is Tim and I'm new to the forum. I'm 28 years old and have 14 days sober from alcohol and drugs. I had been using since I starting smoking pot when I was 16 and it was pretty much all downhill from there with alcohol and all kinds of stuff. I don't know how I found Patrick's work on the internet some few years ago but when I did I knew I was on to something because I feel that he has the most sane, levelheaded, and complete view of sobriety I've ever heard. I've been trying to get sober for years and I've been to hundreds of AA meetings and done rehab and all that stuff but it wasn't until now that I finally surrendered to ALL drug and alcohol use. I don't know why it took me 12 odd years to realize this but its definitely better late than never. I've had periods of sobriety before, the most being a couple months; but it was always for someone else or being on probation or something along those lines. It wasn't until 14 days ago that I realized that and that it always makes me miserable 99% of the time. I really, really want to make sure I don't ever use again so I'm throwing the kitchen sink at this, and since I relate to Patrick's view on sobriety more than anything I've ever heard in AA, which really is not my cup of tea (it took me years to realize this), I decided to join this forum as an extra tool in staying sober. So hello, and I hope to learn something from some of you. Thanks, Tim.

Chad
06-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi Tim525
Excited to have you with us! I think you will find posting here helpful on your journey to finding the new sober you. Good you have 14 days under your belt, everyday sober is a successful one. I hope you plan on joining us on the main thread that is where most of the action is. :) Wishing you success and happiness.

Chad

Chad
06-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Oh yah,
Just wanted to mention how good it is that you want to get sober for you. You have to be selfish in this period and do it for you and only you. No one can make you stop but you. We can all help you, offer advice and such, but only you can choose to stop.
Take care. Look forward to reading your posts.

Chad

Tim525
06-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks Chad, I'll head over to the main thread to where the action is.

serena
08-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Welcome Tim! Congrats on your 14 days of being sober! This forum has been so wonderful for me and for so many others during our journey through addiction and sobriety. Good luck and and, welcome!