PDA

View Full Version : Rebellion

Freemen
09-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Good day

Rebelling against God and Life because things are not working out the way we expect is a major problem in recovery.

It goes like this. You work at a particular issue in your life and you keep losing at what you put your hand too no matter how you go at it.

You become exhausted from effort involved and from the losses and frustration we finally say; F**K Y*U God and plunge into your addiction

of choice.

I have to meditate on these words to free myself from myself or Myself will kill myself. This is the simple paradoxical keystone to freedom from any addiction. It states I can free myself from myself because God can make the impossible possible. Study and meditate on these words and you will be free indeed. Carl Jung knew it. Dr. Silkworth witnessed it first hand in Bill Wilson. It is the only way out. Walk towards your own conception of God. If you trust this formula you will be free. Read these words with depth and clarity so your God can free you from yourself.

>http://www.aa.org/bigbookonline/en_bigbook_chapt5.pdf<

I pray you can read them and comprehend there impact.

The turning point to every successful recovery.

Not Luck.

Only the grace of God.

Sincerely,
The Freemen

Periwinkle
09-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Surrender to whatever your concept is of God/Higher Power by giving up denial and power. Change can only happen when the pain is greater than the fear.

Thanks for sharing!

Rild1970
10-20-2014, 02:30 PM
I think that whatever you believe in should be able to give you specific purpose. I do not necessarily believe that we need to define it as you do, but I clearly believe in the underlying concept. I think that the most important part of addiction is realizing that things were not working as you were doing it.