PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual River Forum Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

SRDevTeam
10-23-2013, 02:19 PM
We are working on fixing up the forum and website so if you notice any bugs/problems or want to offer a suggestion, leave it here!

carolcmod
10-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Still experiencing many of the problems people have been complaining about.

1) When I first come to the Forum page, it displayed whatever it did last time I came. I have to refresh to see the latest status.
2) When I click into a thread, after having refreshed as noted above, it displayed whatever it did last time I was there. I have to refresh to see the latest post(s).
3) When I log in, it doesn't show me as logged in. I have to refresh to show as logged in.
All these are the same whether I am on my PC running Windows 7 Pro with Firefox as my browser or on my iPad running IOS 6.1.3 with Safari as my browser.

When I tried to moderate, the iPad & PC worked a little differently.
On both, I could select a message for moderation, see Moderation Tools, click on that and see the list.
On the iPad, I couldn't select an action, the list just disappeared.
On the PC, I could select an action but couldn't "Proceed". Once I refreshed I was able to proceed. I tried another time and it told me I hadn't selected a post (not the case). A third time, it worked fine.

Bottom line, I can make it work but only if I refresh a lot.

Thanks.

SRDevTeam
10-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Hokay, sounds like a caching problem (site saves a copy of the page and shows that instead of updating live). Will get that resolved.

Alana
10-25-2013, 01:48 PM
When I log on it will only show me that I logged on after I refresh.

When I look at my old messages, It will pop up that I have a new PM and I don't.

Even when I log out, it still shows that I'm on.

SRDevTeam
10-31-2013, 12:07 PM
I think all those issues have been fixed now! Can some people confirm?

_Erin_
10-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Not completely fixed for me... at work, it seems to be fine. I'm on a Mac at work. PC at home, which is where I find the issues - when I log in, I then have to hit the "SR" logo to even see the forums. Then I have to refresh to see the new posts. When I click on a thread with a new post, it takes me to the post that was new the first time I logged in from home since the site was updated - for example, on the main board, about 10 pages back.

If I hit "View New Posts," it tells me there are none, every time, even if there are.

And if I hit "Mark Forums Read," it does nothing until I hit refresh.

But nothing unmanageable! :)

Chad
10-31-2013, 09:14 PM
Maybe, it is how the new software works? But, it is odd that new info can only be brought in by refreshing.. I think I might be describing same situation, as Erin.. If I read the forum on my ipad go to work, all day, when I come home and bring forum back up it will be where I was this morning.. It is totally due able.. I just wonder why it doesn't automatically bring up newest page when I log in? Other than that though it works pretty smooth now..
Thank You, to who ever SRDevTeam is.. I assume that's you Patrick, and who ever else behind the seens helped put this all together..

Chad
Xx

Chad
10-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Sorry, I guess I am not saying anything new.. Just read Carols #1 she said basically what I just said..

Chad

Average female
11-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Also, if you try and tick 'delete' on a bunch of pm's, when you hit delete it doesn't work..

Periwinkle
11-01-2013, 12:07 PM
The last few days, it's been working great! I have my bookmark to the main page with the articles, then click on forums and so far it seems like everything new is showing. I'm currently using Firefox as my browser.
Haven't tried it from my phone lately though.

carolcmod
11-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Arrgh!!

Can't log in at all from my PC today. Looks like I'm logging in successfully but then still shows Log In at the top afterward. Refresh doesn't help. I haven't tried from the PC for a while but do know it worked post-transition. Don't know when it broke, sorry.

Still can't moderate from my ipad. There are several spam posts that need deleting, so if another moderator sees this and can successfully moderate, please delete them.

One thing that's been fixed is when I first come to the forum, before I try to log in, it shows the latest posts, without my having to refresh.

Then when I drill down to read a thread, it's been taking me back to a post that's days old and pages back. Yesterday it didn't do that, I thought it was fixed. Today that "feature" is back.

Hope the not being able to log on from a PC gets fixed soon.

Thanks!

_Erin_
11-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Carol, when I log in from a PC, it shows the "Log In" at the top for me, too, like I am not logged in. But if I click on the "SR" logo on the left-hand side, it will show the threads and that I AM logged in. Hopefully that helps at least to get around that issue, hopefully short-term :)

carolcmod
11-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Carol, when I log in from a PC, it shows the "Log In" at the top for me, too, like I am not logged in. But if I click on the "SR" logo on the left-hand side, it will show the threads and that I AM logged in. Hopefully that helps at least to get around that issue, hopefully short-term :)

Erin, thanks for the suggestion - always nice to hear from you!

I did try that as well, but alas it did not work. At least I can post from the ipad even if not from the PC

SRDevTeam
01-10-2014, 10:06 AM
All of those issues should be fixed now :)

Question - since everyone is currently posting to just the one thread, would you prefer..

1) revamp of the forum sections to separate stuff more
2) addition of a chat feature where you can chat much easier