Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
How to stop drinking - Page 1074

Thank you Sonshines. I hope more people come back.

Let me see if this post works.

Well it looks like it did.

So Peter. If you are still around are you still struggling with drinking? You do have it within yourself to stop.

And to anyone else who might amazingly enough find this place has re-emerged. I miss you all.

And hi there. Sunshine!

I recently lost my sponsor and wonderful friend of 5 sober years. His AA memorial service was today. So many people loved him. An example to shoot for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Well it looks like it did.

So Peter. If you are still around are you still struggling with drinking? You do have it within yourself to stop.

And to anyone else who might amazingly enough find this place has re-emerged. I miss you all.

And hi there. Sunshine!

I recently lost my sponsor and wonderful friend of 5 sober years. His AA memorial service was today. So many people loved him. An example to shoot for.
    Hi Jim. Still here and struggling. I can't reply - only "reply with quote". Forum has a glitch somewhere.

Hi y’all, I haven’t visited here for a very long time. It’s lovely to hear from old friends.

Over 7 years of freedom now, no regrets, no urges, so worth it.

A lot of family commitments right now. Lost a sibling last year, spending a lot of time out of town helping my mom.

I owe my life to Patrick and my friends and support here. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

My situation right now is such that I will not be able to spend time here like I used to, but for some reason I was moved to check out the forum today and wanted to say hi. I feel strange just popping in and leaving but wanted to say hi.

Good luck to all of y’all and remember what was my mantra for a long time: Don’t drink today no matter what!!

Love and blessings to all,
    Carol

Hi Carol!!! Great to see you. This forum was down - I mean completely down unreachable for months and something too prompted me to check in. 6 years here. Starting out with this forum and especially your encouragement. And with the help of AA. Still go to meetings. But I am sad right now because my sponsor and wonderful friend Dan passed suddenly. He leaves such a hole in my life! I loved our times together - part was just two old guys shooting the shit. I could talk to him about anything as I have been able to do with no one else.

Anyway love to see you Carol! sorry about your sibling. And hoping helping your mom is OK!

So this is great that you are here. Just the person I wanted to see really.

Hi Guys! I thought I’d just check and see if the forum works.? I think it needs an oil change and some spark plugs!
    Jim, nice to see you.. So sorry about you friend and sponsor.. :-(
    Carol! Without you I wouldn’t be plugging along at 6yrs sober..
    Peter, I haven’t got anything exceptional to say except never quit quoting till it sticks, your life depends on it..

Great to see old friends!
    Love you guys

Chad
    Well, if it can be thought, it can be done, a problem can be overcome

WOW, it's so nice to see all of you

Jim, I am very sorry for the loss of your sponsor/friend. Maybe it's time to think of being a sponsor yourself if you aren't already? SO GREAT to see you. Congratulations on 6 years sober

Carol! You were SUCH an integral part of my sobriety and silently I always considered you my online sponsor. I joined in August 2011 but it took until June 7, 2012 to stick and you were there; I will never forget that. Thank you.
    I am SO very sorry to hear of the loss of your sister I'm also sorry you won't be returning but do understand as I don't really post much anymore myself. I just am so happy to see you all. Congratulations on 7 years sober

Chad, you kept this place going when people slowly began fading into the distance. You never gave up; a real tiger SO great to see you again. Congratulations on 6 years

Always Grateful,
    Kimber