Hey Janny, great to see you put yourself first... it's so true that in putting yourself first, in time it will benefit everyone around you so much more. Be prepared for when dry January is out the way and people all start falling off the wagon and drinking around you again...

Hope - fabulous
    So, what plans do you have to get through the first few days? They're tough while it's physically getting out your body... hopefully you'll start seeing some clarity, peaceful sleep etc and real benefits quickly. Great decision. Post often - we're all here for you .

Another shocking day - rest day running wise too, I've just enjoyed chilling for an hour with a book - my time. Now sleep and back to it again tomorrow... spa day with girls soon - can't wait

Xx

Janny- you are my inspiration right now - we have both been struggling for so long and seeing your success makes me believe that I too can do this - don't get me wrong the rest of you out there - you have and will continue to be my heros.

AF - Thanks for the question - what do I plan on doing to get through the first few days - well, tonight we have someone coming over, so no drinking - and tomorrow night I am going out - so that's a surefire success night. After that will be my challenge - home alone with no plans....so I will have to make some evening plans for Thursday night. I will keep posting - I REALLY appreciate the care, concern and support on here.

Hello all my SR friends!
    Hope, I am so exited for you and great hearing from you again! YAY
    I love the word Resilience. I love power words. They empower me when I am feeling low. I have always loved words and finding new ones. I used Superb last night at work and everyone laughed. Strange! LOL
    Adapting well to the stress of the time of the year. I have noticed a lot of people just in low moods. We all need that uplifting energy. So I have chosen this week to use my power words.
    That is all for now and hoping everyone is doing well and hanging on to another beautiful soul driven day!
    Kudos,
    TERE

Good to hear from you Tere!

Janny, you're killing this!

Hope, one day at a time. You got this. You can do it!!!

Just got done with a 14 hour day, husband is out of town and time to get kids in bed, then feet up time and reading a good book for me. No alcohol involved. It's funny that at a time I would have felt I for sure would drink and I don't even think about it now. Day 31. No more energy to post more. More tomorrow

Day 17-Hope I am here for you. The first few days I feasted on chocolate and whatever else made me feel content. I also drank a lot more water and continued to eat fruits and veggies(which I do always too but ate anything else on top of that -that helped me. Now all of that has leveled off a bit but I am not gong to restrict any of those goodies for now-being sober is number 1.
    Tere lots of people are looking for inspirational words to help support their thoughts -love that work resilience-our brains are resilient it's amazing.
    Camas now you are learning how to enjoy yourself, freedom, peaceful and good thoughts -never feel that with a bottle of wine.

Have a great Wednesday all.

AF yes it helps to put myself first and I'm kinder to others when I do-except my SO- not sure what's going on there...later.
    I am on my guard. Don't feel any temptation right now-I feel if I go to socialize-I'm enjoying being engaged in conversation and not quiet and numb waiting for others to initiate conversation. I am not going back.

Day 2 here for me and feeling fine. I am loving the encouraging, uplifting and positive energy on the forum now and I am so happy to see my SR friends here building sober muscles. As Chad (MIA??) has always said "It can be done". I will never stop believing that. I have been thinking more about AF's question - what is my plan because if I don't prepare one, I am going to fall into the same trap when I am home alone. For me, I am going to make sure that I don't get into the manic run-around-till-I-drop mode and then crash in the evening. That is when have no more resistance. I have to make sure that I take time to rest, to reflect on my day, not worry about next week or even tomorrow. Just take care of what is happening today and in the moment. Tomorrow will take care of itself. Stay strong everyone.

Hope that sounds perfect. No pressure on you-nap when you can-don't get hungry and have sober treats to eat. Keep thinking too of the way you will feel in the morning and how delicious a cup of coffee can be. Tomorrow will be day 3 for you. The days will fly by and you will feel better each day- your thoughts will be clearer and more hopeful regardless of what is going on around you.
    We have a long train building here each of us at different times of sobriety -lets not break it.

Day 18 -Good morning. I hope all is doing well. I am mentally feeling strong but physically tired. I know I need to take a close look at that. This is when the sugar consumption starts to affect the way I feel too. So today I will modify my diet a bit to make me feel better . eat well and drink lots of water -take my vitamins. I think this is when I need to be careful to be extra good to me -decrease stress and just overall watch for any of the HALT symptoms.
    xoxo

Good morning all my SR friends!
    Wow, a change of schedule for me. I am working mornings this week and seem to love it.
    Janny, I totally agree with watching our physical sensations. When I get fatigued, I have a harder time with my sobriety. I have been eating some sugar again and the cravings kick in stronger. When I am hormonal it is really difficult.
    I am grateful for the chance to have sometime before work to log in to this site. I love reading everyone's daily lives and how they are maintaining, striving, and reaching their sobriety! Kudos to every single one of you! Kimber think of you often!
    TERE

Morning all - day for me. Didn't sleep too well, but that's o.k. I am not hungover Today is the day that will be difficult for me - I have no plans this evening, and it will be the end of day 3. I will stay strong, and I will fight this beast. It is only 9:00 am so far and I have a full day ahead, so I must keep on top of the fatigue when it hits later on. Let's keep this going - way to go Janny - Day 18!!! Camas - I hope you got through your evening o.k. and today is day 32 for you.
    AF - hope you are doing fine too.

Shout out here to Kip - where are you? You have been on here about the same amount of time as I have been. We have been SR buddies for a long time - I hope you are doing ok. Let us know

Hi Janny, hope, tere... good to see everyone doing so well - proud of you all.

Terribly shocking and emotional day here, did have triggers to join in with the inevitable drinking that comes with such a day... I quickly shut it down though. Remembered I can't drink, this is not a 'nice to have' but a necessity.

In fact it's made me realise how any time spent drinking is hours of your life you waste and will
    never get back - spent catatonic... numb... anaesthetised to life...

No - life is too precious and short.

Great work everyone on building the days, every day you get a little bit stronger

Xx

Hey all -

Sorry I have been MIA - a lot, and I do mean a lot of personal things going on right now in my life. Family, elder parent, siblings....but that is just life - right? And whomever mentioned calm and peace with sobriety is so right - I don't think I could be going through all of this and still maintain my sanity if I was drinking daily.

Tried to read back a few pages and see so much energy going on!! Go all of you!! Ludwig, Camas - over a month (woot woot), Janny (Day 20?), Steffi (203 days), Hope - you got this! Kopgirl, Tere. And MI - 2 years - WOW!! I remember when you first logged in. (sorry if I missed anyone)

Time flies the older we get - don't wait another minute to get sober and make the most of it, because before you know it - it's gone, over, zip, nada. Make your life count. Be nice to people, volunteer, show someone some kindness because right now this world seems so, so black at times (especially here in the States - ha!!). And you thought Brexit was bad, AF!!

AF - sorry if you are having struggles with life - but you are so right - one drink is not going to help - life is too precious and short!!

Stay strong everyone. I have a very difficult month coming up - but I will try to come on here more often and find some of that love and peace that is flowing down the Spiritual River.

Big hugs, Sally xxx ooo

Day 19 almost in the 20's!!!
    Great to hear all is doing well. Thanks you for the updates Sally -nice to see where everyone is at in their journey.
    Sally love what you recommend to us which gives me strength too and gets me out of my own thoughts about me. It feels so good to be kind-help others and listen to others. So many people have a tough life and being kind is contagious. Make it a regular practice. " Flowing down Spiritual River" that is beautiful.

making my safe plan for the weekend. NOT going to rely upon anyone else. Have a plan with people Saturday night but if it falls thru I have a back up plan too that involves just ME- and I am learning I can rely upon just ME.

Day 33. I missed a day or two because I've been in bed sick mostly sleeping. Some type of respiratory bug has kicked my butt. As I'm recovering I feel like I need to have my guard up more. I'm feeling so low energy. I know drinking won't help but it is still a yet trigger. Anxiety, vision and low energy are mine and I imagine most of you as well.

Great Janny. You're closing in fast on 30 days! Hope, keep focused, write here several times if you can, think of how great you'll feel to make this hurdle! Great to hear from you Sally! Always inspirational words! Back to bed for awhile longer.

Morning all - Day 4 here. I had a terrible night last night. I had spent a lot of time preparing a really nice dinner for my SO -that was my special treat for feeling so good and wanting to do something for someone else. He came home and started complaining about what I a made and why did I do that. I completely lost it - I know I got way more upset than I should have. I wanted to guzzle a bottle of wine, but instead I grabbed a book, a cup of tea and went to bed - at 7:00 !! I feel really bad about how I reacted this morning - but I am not hungover I will have to learn to get ahold of my temper during these early sober days.

Sally - so nice to hear from you, and sorry to hear that you have a difficult month coming up. You know we have your back here

Camas - sorry to hear you are sick - there is a really nasty bug going around my hometown - I hope you feel better soon.

Janny - Wooo hooo!! Way to go - I am excited about getting to double digits - you have almost doubled the first double digit! Keep going - so proud of you.

Everyone else - AF, Tere, Kopgirl, MI - thanks for posting here and giving me hope and strength - stay strong everyone. WE CAN DO IT!

Hope Yeah!! Keep it up tomorrow will be day 5 then double digits in no time. Don't let other peoples actions affect your plan. It is so easy to do. You did the right thing to remove yourself from the situation and get ret- you took care of you. We are vulnerable with our emotions at this time and just be aware of that.

Camas- so much going on around here too. I hope you feel better soon.Funny how when we are sick and tired we want to drink-why is that? You would think it is the opposite. It's scary when the drinking thoughts come in as an option again. Try and stop the thought before it goes any further. That helps me.

Let's all take extra good care of ourselves this weekend. eat when hungry, meditate and deep breath when angry, go to the movies with a friend when lonely and rest when tired.

None of us want to be back at day 1 -don't do it-keep going. It is so not worth it we will all feel stronger again come Monday-February around the corner-think Sober in Springtime.

Hey Hope- he'd have been wearing the bloody meal if that was me In seriousness, it does remind me of when I started out with my partner... sometimes he was a proper pig. Made me feel like shit. This is what I mean about needing to be independent?. He knows that now and has witnessed it again and does get that... ultimately, if he wants to be with a drinker? He can go and find one... good luck.. cos that's not me.

Just got off the phone to parents worrying about me getting stressed - 'maybe a drink would be a good idea?' Ha ha.. they'll never get it...

Xx

FYI, lots of typos on my last post. Don't tend to proof read it when I type on my phone. I meant anxiety, boredom and low energy are my triggers. Anyhow, off to the beach. Still sick but getting better each day. Have a great weekend all! Good for you Hope for getting through a difficult evening. Those are the ones we need to treasure because as horrible as it was you were a success for not drinking. You will be more angry initially because a lot of extra energy is spent trying to abstain from drinking. It will get much easier shortly.

Camas glad you are feeling better.

AF I can so relate. And so frustrating that people think having a drink will make you feel better. People are constantly trying to get rid of their feelings. So wrong with our society.
    Day 20- feel good tired but no urge to drink. I have a plan for tonight and all is good.
    I have noticed some unsettling feelings and I m trying to breathe thru it. Thinking and breathing. When I think of my usual pattern of drinking instead to relax and not breathing or thinking it thru. What a viscous circle.

I have had mild head aches though lately- nothing bad trying to resist taking Tylenol I feel its my brain healing -right? Anyone else feel the same?
    Have a great day.

Day 5 - can't believe it. Maybe I finally have this Can't post much on the weekend - fam is all around. Stay strong everyone!!