Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
How to stop drinking - Page 1055

Janny day 4? I hope.

Going strong

Stay strong Janny.

Go janny! Peter, how are you doing?
    F$%^ You, Mickey's

OK. Day 6 .Reading a lot-Love Jason Vales book-gives a great perspective. Reading blogs and books. Exercising but not too much for now. Avoiding some social situations that would temp me. I'm really focusing on the poison of alcohol-I feel so good ,tired but not alcohol tired. Reminders alcohol tastes terrible-I don't need to drink to have fun-it is the exact opposite. I had gotten to the point when I drink it numbs me and I can't remember ,not sharp and I vegg out. Why do I want this? I want to go out and socialize and really socialize and remember what I say and do.
    I'm building my sober muscles-ready for the competition and I want to enjoy all the great things coming my way being sober-no longer going to allow alcohol to run my life.

I think I answered my own question.
    Last edited by peterpinot; 11-12-2017 at 03:50 AM.

Hey day 8!! Feeling good and went out last night-everyone drinking but me. I was great until I ran out of gas and I get quiet-people\\le think I'm not having fun I think...Anyways I'm on to something-feeling I am gaining so much -not losing or depriving myself from anything-I'm getting what I've wanted for so long-not drinking!! I'm more alert and can carry on a conversation, participate and have fun.
    Loving it! Planning for my first sober holiday in a long time-I've actually started Christmas shopping and planning which I'm usually always so behind.

Who's in?

Hey Janny, great to hear you sounding strong, you keep focused and every day will keep giving small positives ... so worth it

PP - are you still having a day off and then a day on? Do you feel youíve reduced at all? Do you feel ready to do that yet?

My anxiety is bad at the moment, Work is stressful and I think I realise I may reach out and try and get help for it. Itís not just Ďpoor meí ing like I used to say, itís a constant tape in my head always looking at situations ending badly, making things up about what people think... Sundayís are bad for me because itís worst at work... none of this is coincidence. Exercise helps but I donít see why Iím fighting just reaching out and seeing what help I can get here... breathing exercises are good too, ultimately itís stopping me do stuff now so Iím going to take that step...

Anyway, just dropping in, good to see Janny and PP still fighting the fight
    The news seems to littered with alcoholism and drug related deaths... letís not be one of those stats

Battle of life or death here... choose life and health

Xxxxx

Hi AF-

I am good. Day 10.Looking at things in a different way and focusing on all the positive things I am gaining where I use to look at all I am missing.

My husband on the other hand is terrible -his drinking is getting worse and I don't think he likes my progress-I think he purposely is starting a fight with me so I will get stressed and drink-IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!
    He is in such denial over his weight gain and complexion and mood.

I am also becoming more vocal and standing up for myself.
    Maybe I see why he wants me numb and quiet-easier to live with...

Anyway-I am focusing on me and daily improvements and love my heightened senses.
    I feel really good.
    AF have you thought of trying a different exercise -yoga. At a point with my running it stopped helping me and made me feel on edge I had to back off with it a bit and do more walking. I hope you are better soon.
    xoxo

Day 12 feeling good. Exhausted yesterday
    !!!!
    I keep on playing it thru that thought of a drink,what it looks like and where it takes me. I want more for me, sitting around drinking; such waste of time and good genes and good brain, I have so much more to give and receive.

So day 13- had a fleeting moment of -is this really what I want?-Dammit yes it is... Need to practice self care today- feeling a wee bit tired and I know what can happen-very busy few days will need to watch my mood. My husband says I'm selfish-gosh when you focus on yourself- kids not around and don't do all the personal things for others -is that selfish? I work full time and sometimes don't want to take care of anyone but me-is that selfish??My job is taking care of others too-I've had a lifelong profession of caring for others which I do love.
    Love the sober beginning and looking forward to what today brings.

Each day I feel better and stronger. Keep playing it forward and do not ant to go back to that numb, depressed hole. This has become a challenge for me and am acutely aware of all the new sights and feelings, emotions and I am embracing them. Thanks to all of you who have drilled into me how wonderful sobriety is-I'm heading your way

Good for you janny!!!

I'm drowning on this site but stronger than ever!!dont want to drink. My body is healing itself.sleeping long and a little foggy brain but this is so new and I am feeling it all

Hey, fantastic to hear you sound so positive Janny... will post later and have a spam tidy, want to get on treadmill now xxx

Had a spam tidy now... looked a bit messy

Thanks AF. I feel so determined. You would be proud of me I spent the weekend around a lot of parties and drinking.was not tempted and ordered ginger beers. I have been sleeping longer than I can remember.
    Not feeling like I'm missing out- feeling stronger- designated driver-confident, happpir and overall healthier-.life is good- this is where I want to be.

Hey Janny... looks like calming down on the exercise maybe working for you? I think trying to get a hold on all the ‘extremes’ isn’t a bad thing. You hear it time and time again on here about perfectionism and taking any hobby to extreme... it’s not to say people can’t properly get into a hobby, just being aware of what you’re doing - so it doesn’t start controlling you...
    Got day off today... just... because
    Already been on treadmill, now going to exercise some retail therapy.

PP - how are you getting on with cutting down?

Xx

Af I think it might be time for me to get help. I can't stick with it. Lousy lifestyle - got to change it somehow.

PP - so do it... you think that... then yes, it is.
    It takes a long time for us to finally admit that to ourselves.

In meantime, try one day at a time, one hour at a time, log on and post on here... when you feel weak, log on, I’ll try and check in regularly. Only you can stop tipping the poison down your throat? You’re only lying to yourself...

You may need additional help, but stop NOW - reach out on here if you need to - maybe until you get additional help elsewhere? You will start to feel better and better... beginning of the rest of your life xxx