Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
help

Thread: help

Unhappy help

I have been on drugs for 2yrs and iam unhappy with myself i was already unhappy now iam really unhappy! i dont know where to go to get help first i have emotional problems before i started and now its worst all i want to do is stay high or sleep someone tell me what to do where to start is there a shot i can take to make it all stop!

Hey beensetfree -- it looks like you're trying to be set free. First, we, through experience, do understand how hopeless it feels to have your life controlled by something else. Once you see how much power it has over you, it can feel very overwhelming.

Step 1 - you've done it. You've admitted you need to get out of the cycle.
    Step 2 - The hard part, is just STOP. There's no shot you can take, unfortunately, but there are treatment facilities and groups (NA) that can really help. But you have to make that choice. And you can't do it alone. Ask for some real, tangible help, and I promise you'll be surprised by the response. Find a detox / rehab center. You can go in there high off your gourd -- you can walk in RIGHT NOW. Don't make excuses and just do it.

I wish I could give more insight, but I don't have the background other than the experience of having gone through that myself. Once you get yourself some help and treatment, all the other steps will be outlined for you. You can't skip those first two.

EDIT: The cycle you're in now is, "I'm depressed so I'll get high. And now I'm coming down off my high and I'm depressed." You gotta break that cycle somewhere before you can really address the core issues, which would likely be, "Why am I depressed to begin with."

In short, to answer your question: Find a good treatment center nearby.
    Last edited by Michael; 06-09-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hey beensetfree -- it looks like you're trying to be set free. First, we, through experience, do understand how hopeless it feels to have your life controlled by something else. Once you see how much power it has over you, it can feel very overwhelming.

Step 1 - you've done it. You've admitted you need to get out of the cycle.
    Step 2 - The hard part, is just STOP. There's no shot you can take, unfortunately, but there are treatment facilities and groups (NA) that can really help. But you have to make that choice. And you can't do it alone. Ask for some real, tangible help, and I promise you'll be surprised by the response. Find a detox / rehab center. You can go in there high off your gourd -- you can walk in RIGHT NOW. Don't make excuses and just do it.

I wish I could give more insight, but I don't have the background other than the experience of having gone through that myself. Once you get yourself some help and treatment, all the other steps will be outlined for you. You can't skip those first two.

EDIT: The cycle you're in now is, "I'm depressed so I'll get high. And now I'm coming down off my high and I'm depressed." You gotta break that cycle somewhere before you can really address the core issues, which would likely be, "Why am I depressed to begin with."

In short, to answer your question: Find a good treatment center nearby.
    I agree with Michael.

hang in there

as Michael said.. there are no 'shots' - believe me I've searched high and low for them

One thing that I find works for me (and no one agrees with me yet) try nicobate patches - sounds silly even if you don't smoke.. just try it for a few days....

somehow it takes out all the anxiety and cravings i get when i haven't smoked pot for 2 days... it kills the urges a little....

wishing you luck... I'm in the same boat so riding the wave with you!

My son is 20 years old and has a friend that he has known since Kindegarten.. His friend has been kicked out of 2 half way houses for testing dirty,,now the friends parents can not let him come back home so he is now with us,, my son wants to give him another chance.....................soooo confused what do i do??

Hazel, a few thoughts from someone who's an ex-drinker but not really knowledgeable in this area, so use it if it seems helpful.

IF you take him in (and I'll bet you already have), you have to decide what boundaries/rules YOU want to impose. He's an addict. I was addicted to alcohol (ok still am but not drinking). He WILL lie, that's just a given. Are you ok with having someone in your house who is possibly/probably using? Ideally you would tell him that if he uses he's out and stick with that. It sounds like that's where his parents got to. Other thoughts is if YOU let him stay he must go to a meeting every week, every night, whatever.

Please read the response the founder of the site, Patrick Meninga, gave to a similar question. Patrick is an expert, and former drinker/user - the link is here http://www.spiritualriver.com/forum/...ted-to-heroine

The most important thing I've gleaned from reading posts over the last few years is YOU MUST PUT YOURSELF FIRST!! Don't let this kid make you feel guilty for not taking him in. You can't fix him. Only he can.

Good luck!

Hi there Beensetfree! From your username itself, it seems that you want to break the chain of your addiction. Plus, you are seeking help, so that's the first step in the road of recovery and I assure you, you are in the right track my friend. You must realize that there is something wrong with you right now and you must do something about it. Addiction is hard to fight, especially if the urge is too strong and your mind finds many ways to use such substances. I salute you for your courage to break out of your shell and ask some help. There are many ways to battle addiction. Family and friends could be the pillar of hope in the darkest days of your life and seeking assistance will surely lead you into the right path towards recovery. Attending support meetings and counseling that offers help in fighting substance addiction (AA meetings for alcoholics for instance) is a best way too. Admitting yourself on a recovery programs rehab could be the best decision you can make, especially if you struggle too much in reaching recovery. In the end, your willingness and motivation to quit is the most effective way to recover and get your life back. Good luck mate! Wishing you all the best! Sending you prayers and hug!

oh, my mistake, this topic is almost 3 years ago, i didn't recognize the date, my bad

anyway, this can be apply for someone who need help dealing their addictions

i wonder if the owner of this thread is doing fine right now, i mean if he able to fight is struggle towards addiction :-|

I'm also hoping the same Allen.. An update from him would be nice.

First, if you can trust a Med doctor go to him. He can make the withdrawals more bare able.