Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
60, 90 days....now what? - Page 3
Page 3 of 30 First 1234513 ... Last
    Hey Jeff - my heart goes out to you and your mom. Very inspiring post - to stay sober in the midst of all the turmoil. I will light some incense for your mom, hoping the chemo goes well. I have a great recipe for broth for cancer patients - it helps when they aren't hungry - something warm to sip on. If you like I will email it to you - let me know. It's chock full of vegis and other nutricious? stuff.

Samantha - congrats on 4 months - what an accomplishment. Give yourself a big hug from me :]

Am having a great day :] Looking forward to a great night - take care everyone.

hi

Hi-where's everyone? Nobody has posted today.
    Jeff-I give you alot of credit for staying sober with so many things you have to deal with right now. That's my biggest fear with how I would handle something like you're dealing with and trying to keep my sobriety. You are an inspiration.
    Sally, Carol, Samantha, Ruth, Millie keep up the good work! Jesus, where are you? Kathy? Are you alright? Thinking of you.

Hey Christy! I'm here. Just was home yesterday due to trains closed for the day. But back on today and back to work. I wonder how I would handle a crisis situation too. But I feel like I have made it this far and chose not to drink so I feel it will be ok. Life is better without alcohol. I just really wish...I would stop having so much sugar....this is my next issue to tackle as I think the sugar is a replacement somewhat for alcohol. I didnt mind the first few months but now really I need to not make this a pattern and make healthier choices.

Anyway everyone have a happy sober Tuesday!

Hey Christy - and everyone else...hope you are having a good day/week. I am having new wood floors put in and my head is throbbing from all the pounding - am thinking I will go out today and treat myself to a mani/pedi - haircut and highlights - just to get out of the house!! I start back to work tomorrow and have to admit I AM NOT READY!!! LOL Oh well - the nice thing is that I have almost 3 months sobriety under my belt so I feel like I can handle whatever may come my way. This to shall pass...uuummmmmm

Have a wonderful day!! Smile, count those blessings - there has to be one in there somewhere!!

Sally your amazing and you will do great at work! and almost 3 months congrats! Life's good. :-)

Sally have a great first day of school (smile). You definitely deserve a mani/pedi, haircut and highlights!

Hi all! Sally how did the first day of school go? My son was suppose to start tomorrow but they delayed school a week because of the hurricane damage. Amazing. Anyway hope you did the mani/pedi haircut and highlights!

I'm just checking in. Nothing exciting to report but another day sober!!! Carol how are you doing? Ruth? Jeff, Christy everyone?

I have really been getting a boost daily from this forum. I don't know the regulars here but I am getting a lot from your words. I have not had a chance to post lately and I think that is mostly a good thing. I have a lot of chaos in my life right now but maintaining sobriety is number one. It has to be.

I am riding a scooter these days. Great mileage and just plain fun. I bought it about 5 months sober. I used to drive drunk all the time. Every day. Well, I got stopped today. Flashing lights in my rear view mirror. My heart wasn't pumping, mind not racing. The officer just wanted to point out that my helmet wasn't up to snuff. We smiled and I shook his hand before scooting down the street. Every day isn't a great one but the benefits are there every day now. Peace of mind can't be bought.

good job Christy, do what you enjoy and do what's good for you.

I have a question. This past week I have gotten very quiet - introverted - just kind of "blah feelings". It seems like my emotions are at a stand still...what's up with that?
    I seem to have lost my passion for living - don't want to drink - but kind of in a numbed out pattern. Any of you go thru that? And if so, how do I kick start my life back up?

Hi Sally. I think that this is very common and can be expected. It can be both mental and physical. I am finding that I had to get to a place where I was OK with "blah feelings". They are very real and you are no longer chasing them away or burying them with alcohol. You can take some action like exercise, visiting nature or a spin on my scooter and that really works for me. The biggest trick of all is just being though. I could not sit alone in my house without needing to run and "change my mood". I am trying to remember that I am on a new path. I have never been here before and I am trying to embrace all of my new feelings. Living with the blah has always been something to drown, now it just is where I am at in my day.

thanks Jeff - I will back off on myself..go with the flow...I just miss my usual jovial self :] Maybe I need to go rent a comedy for tonight - remind myself how to laugh..
    It could be work - I started back and am already stressing big time...need to start meditating regularly again - chill...sleep sucks lately, I'm bone tired...go to bed tired...wake up tired...anyway, sorry for the downer tone...

Sally, maybe I shouldn't be on this thread since I slipped. And that slip associates with getting back to work. Early summer was great, when I was not working and could concentrate on JUST ME AND MY SOBRIETY! I made the mistake of not having a plan for when I returned to work, and having to get back to REAL life with all that entails, and how I would handle that once again. I am now struggling through that. Jeff had some great suggestions for you. I follow your posts, and aspire to get where you are. We just need to have a plan in place that still focuses on us, even while we get back to the ROUTINE of work and daily life stresses. I know for me, I need to get back to regular excercise, daily, AND back to my morning meditation, and focusing on my sprititual self, and asking that self, what should be my plan for the day, each day, and ask that spiritual self for focus and help! I call it my higher power, and I associate that self with what I imagine is what is part of "God". That is when God talks to me.

Don't feel too BLAH, cuz you are such an inspiration to the rest of us here on this forum. I am grateful that you are a member of this forum. Thank you for your posts! Remember, we have to take care of ourselves first, otherwise, we will be no good to anyone else.

I hope this helps you. Rent that comedy for tonight, pop some popcorn, and have a soda. Enjoy. I will be thinking of you today!

Hugs,
    Juliet

Julliet, I think you still belong on this thread- one slip does not equal failure, and I think that this is a process...I think that this thread is for those of us who have made a firm decision and realization that we need to stop drinking once and for all. We know that all that bargaining is the addictive voice still whispering in our ear and that we are still at risk of weakening. I don't think we are hear to just share how easy it is! Anyway, in my mind, anyone who has persisted belongs here.

I am hitting 90 days tomorrow- I never ever thought this would happen! And, I am feeling pretty good! My brain is still foggy, and I have a hard time keeping a thought in my head (THAT is going to go over great with my students!), but I feel like my body is healing, I am eating healthy, and I am even losing weight! Dude! And... now I still have all the issues that I used to have, the difference being that I am sober to deal with them. I just wish all of those issues were magically resolved through sobriety! Anyway, I am working on gratitude (I am sure I have said this before, but I forget sometimes). I am grateful for my husband who is still here with me, my beautiful and talented children, my job, my friends- I have nothing to complain about! Have a great and sober weekend, everyone!

Ruth congrats on 90 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats terrific. I'm so happy for you and glad your here. I read your posts about Greece and I learned from that no excuses for me. If you could be around alcohol and say no all the time I can do it too. So thank you.

Julliet maybe you want to do the 30 day exercise commitment on the other thread? Anyone of you interested? Christy and I are doing it. I find it helps to keep my mood up and focused on something else. I'm also glad you are back Julliet and sharing.

Sally I started this thread because I was feeling like you. Numb and kind of down. I didnt want to go back to drinking, and I had moved past the emergency withdrawal period. But now what? So like Jeff's saying its learning how to live life without medicating with alcohol. I think our brains just are learning new pathways and maybe at times it just gets overwhelming. But I feel almost daily now these little miracles. Realizing I can enjoy life without alcohol. Its not the pink cloud Patrick talks about. Its just a slow realization that its going to be ok. I love to read your posts and always am inspired by you, Ruth, Christy, Julliet, Carol, Jeff, everyone. I feel getting sober is such a gift and miracle that I dont want to go backwards. I guess what I'm saying Sally is your doing great and I think its normal where you are at and it will get better. Just stick with it as Patrick says. And thanks for all your wonderful sharing and being here. You have kept me sober. Love ya.

Ruth - CONGRATULATIONS - 90 Days - WOW!!!! You are an inspiration to us all. School will go just fine - dizzy head and all (lol). My students start Tuesday and though I am not ready, I am in a way. It will all work out - just need to practice breathing - and get back to meditating - I find it really grounds me when I do it.

Julliet - Of course you belong here!! You have worked very hard to be where you are. I welcome your insight and posts. And I am working on a plan, hanging out with positive people, avoiding the politics, enjoying my students, trying new things, having fun! And I have all of you to keep me going. So thank you for your words of wisdom :]

Samantha - you are my hero!! You keep me going, with your determination. You, Ruth, Carol, Julliet, Kathy you are the trailblazers. When ever I get down I think of all of you - hiking on a path in front of me, me struggling to keep up, and it keeps me going. I know this is just a phase. I am overwhelmed with work starting, my house is trashed - I mean really trashed - too many started projects stalled midway - so the clutter is getting me down. I have a house full of kids and family coming today, but Monday is mine all mine. I plan on sleeping in, ordering take out, tackling some piles, making some lists. I will be just fine.

Today is a new day and I am sober for it :] And Ruth I will practice counting my blessings as the day goes by. My children, my grandchild, my dad .. what a great way to spend a day, surrounded by the family I so love and good food (lol). Have a great day everyone. Thank you so much for being here for me - without you I would be pouring that first drink. I am so glad I didn't drink in the mornings - but I know I would have eventually - eeewwhhhh....LOL LOL

Congrats Ruth on 90 days! You sound great. Isn't it nice to enjoy and live life sober with your family. Your outlook right now is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Christy good luck on the bridge walk today! I think you are getting close to 90 days too? !!

Just got done with the bridge walk, I'm exhausted. Got to my sisters house late yesterday, so stayed up late and got up early. We walked early this morning. The Mackinac is over 5 miles, but had to quite a walk to get there and mom picked us up at the other side. It was really fun. Something I wouldn't do if i was hungover and still drinking, I would have had a panic attack for sure as the bridge is over 200 feet above the great lakes. Yikes, looking down!

Oh, Samantha, it's 85 days for me and not looking back!

Page 3 of 30 First 1234513 ... Last