Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
30 Day Challenges - Page 2
Page 2 of 84 First 12341252 ... Last

Miarianna. Congrats on day 1. Back to school rush now over, no more excuses. Lol

Mairianna - I think a gazelle is one of those glider machines where your legs do a brisk walk while you hold onto the handles at the top. Did that even make sense? LOL I'm glad you're joining us on this!

Millie - YAAAYYY for beating the little devil!! That's two days in a row for you! (You may have been battling the voice on the first day, too, but I just know you mentioned it yesterday and today.) Congrats on your progress! You sound like you are doing wayyy more than I am. LOL But I'm not comparing. What I'm doing is still more than what I normally would do, and I have to start somewhere! I am feeling much more positive now. I have all of you to share with, and hear from, and we're rooting each other on. It feels like putting effort into this is making a lot of other areas of my life click into place. Maybe it's just that my thinking is starting to change. Either way, I embrace it!

Way to go Erin!!!

I think mowing grass qualifies, unless riding mower. So does chopping wood or hole digging, lol. I am glad you are feeling better..

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for the inspiration and encouragement. I started today so day 1 for me. I really appreciate this idea Millie as I know I need to exercise for alot of good reasons. I know it will help my mood plus I am tired of feeling fat. I really want to buy new clothes as my current ones are getting worn out. But I've been holding off forever...just waiting to drop 1 size. Alcohol never let that happen! I gained weight. Need to start getting healthy!

Day 2: I had an out of town doctor's appointment today and didn't get home until late but still got myself ready and went swimming. Glad I did!

Today I am thankful that I didn't relapse even though the opportunity presented itself to me.

Wow, this challenge is off to great start. Amanda, I am impressed that you got home late and still got your exercise in. I am already feel better after 3 days. I can't wait to see how we are all doing after 30. I know my little devil voice will start whining in the morning, so I am already thinking about ways to fight it.

Done my 20 minutes on Wii again, had a virtual jog and some yoga. Day 2 done.

I need to lose a ton of weight and this 30 day challenge will give me a great start. Thanks Millie.

Ok, so I got up and had the little devil voice today. I didn't want to go to the track, but I did. The whole way, I kept trying to talk myself into cheating... only halfway will be ok... but by the time I got there, I had firmly decided that no, I got up to do this, I am going to do it. So the universe, or God, or whoever it is out there, played a little trick on me. The track I run is all torn up. There were tracks from tractor tires and about 6 inches of dirt instead of the rubber asphalt. I took it as a "Oh, you wanna try to cheat, huh? Well, here, let's make it a little tougher..." LOL I ran it anyway! It was way more resistance than my other days. But I feel good for accomplishing it. It was a good reminder that I need the push to get on the right track to confidence.

I have this problem. Every time I start to exercise or eat right, I get about as far as I am into it now, and then start trying on the clothes in my closet that I bought for "motivation" before. They're a size or two smaller than what I wear. I did it today, and then I felt like crap because none of them fit. What do I expect, four days into it, when I've spent a lifetime being lazy? I'm still having my moment of feeling fat, but today, I am grateful that I recognize this as self-sabotage. It's my excuse to feel sorry for myself and give up, and it's not going to work this time.

Day 4!!!! Great job, everyone!!

Talking

Erin,
    I loved your post. I can sooo relate. Good job for not letting the torn up track be an excuse not to exercise... I also have some motivator clothes in the closet. But I am not abut to try them on. Unlike you, I haven't lost an ounce. I feel so much better though.

I actually got going pretty easy this morning. I joined a spin class at the gym. Oh my god, I don't know what is was thinking with the level 0 shape I am in. While everyone else was sprinting, and climbing hills, etc., I just tried to keep pedaling. I only made it through half the class. It was a very motivating group of folks. I think I will go back again. I figure in a week or so, I may be able to finish a class and one day even keep up. Lol. I sure got my heart rate up..

Day 4. Check.

Mairianna. Great job on day 2. We can do this. I love the folks on this forum. You all inspire me every day. Are we now on day 32? Now that I am exercising, I have even more resolve not to pour any poison in my body. When I see alcohol, I imagine a skull and crossbones on it..

Have a great Friday.
    Last edited by Millie; 08-19-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Yes, Day 32 Millie. Cant quite believe it, really want to get fit now. Not eating quite so much.

Erin, well done, and yes, your description of gazelle was fine, knew exactly what you meant. I've had 2 exercise bikes, a rowing machine, weight lifting bench, stepper, dumbells, stretching bands, you name it, over the years. Bikes became somewhere to hang my clothes then passed on to friends, other items in the garage or in a cupboard somewhere. Going to really stick with this 30 day challenge and get through a decent period of regular exercise.

Thank you all for your encouragements. I've decided to stay out of my closet. LOL! I don't need to worry about what I can fit into, you're right, Dragonfly, I need to enjoy now. And until I make major progress, I'm only going to continually bring myself down by trying to fit into things that don't fit. Maybe that will be a good thing to do at the end of 30 days. I do feel better and that's the real point!

Ok, everyone, have a wonderful weekend! I won't be back to post again until Monday. But that doesn't mean I'm not still doing what I'm doing!

Hi everyone. Erin and Millie this is such a great idea. It is so important to be physically fit. I wanted to check out the forum you started. Great job everyone!

Casey, does that mean you are going t join us???? Any day can be day 1.

Happy Saturday everyone. Today was good exercise day. I did a Zumba class at gym. I stayed for whole class but was definitely losing steam half way through. It was fun though.

Please report in on your challenge progress.

Day 5. Check . Only twenty five more to go.

Day 3/30
    Yesterday I mowed the lawn and did a spark people exercise DVD. I can already feel small changes in my body. Everyone is doing so well! I think that exercise fills a void for me. Gives me something positive to plan, think about, then execute.

Today I'm thankful for my best friend who is also working toward sobriety. She is such an encourager.

Well, I thought I wasn't going to manage it today but I did. Day 3 done. Oh my legs!

Keep it up everyone, nite

Dragonfly,
    It is funny you mentioned the 30 day shred. I just bought DVD at walmart. I've heard a lot about it but have never tried it. I definitely recommend the zumba. It was hard but fun.

Hey Millie -

Thanks for the invite - I have been reading and keeping up with the posts. Although I joined you in spirit (and am even doing exercise right along with you), didn't want to commit to one more thing on my plate. I have a "fitbit" - little device I wear that records my steps - and have been walking 2 miles/day since you started this thread. Also due to your and everyone's inspiration I am taking my mother-in-law who is wheel chair bound (well sort of), for daily walks when the weather permits - now that is a workout, pushing her up hills, hanging onto her on our way down. LOL

Also am trying to stick to my diet - alcohol is no longer my problem, dark chocolate is, and have lost 2 pounds though you can't tell. Erin - ditch the closet for a week or two - I did!! And in two weeks I get to go out and buy my "school" clothes - hopefully I will have lost 1/2 of my middle by then.

p.s. You're all doing great - you should be so proud of yourselves, we all should. Who'd of thought huh?!! Glad that I found this place and all of you :]

Red face

Folks, it is 10:20 pm and I just finished my exercise for the day. It was sooo tough to fit it in today because of multiple church and family functions, one of which I hosted. I was so tired tonight, but I forced myself to workout.

Dragonfly, I did level one of my 30 day shred CD. It kicked my butt. I am still a level 0 body. I liked it in a pure hatred sort of way. In other words, I hated every minute of it while I was doing it, especially the cardio, but am happy now that it is over, and t wait to suffer through it again on another day.

I was looking forward to watching the last heart attack on CNN tonight and was bummed it got delayed a week because of action in libya. A strict vegan type diet may be my next 30 day challenge. Is anyone on here a vegan???

I hope everyone had a wonderful sober weekend.

Day 5, just off to do my 20 minutes on the Wii. Really feeling my muscles working.

Page 2 of 84 First 12341252 ... Last