Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Quotes and Affirmations
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Lightbulb Quotes and Affirmations

In the hope that this thread will contain some powerful one liners to help enlighten all of us. As one member said "Quotes and Affirmations can be great tools so long as they are backed up with right action".

All that matters after a relapse is that you do something about it NOW.

"...failure is not disgrace. It's just a pitch that you missed, and you'd better get ready for the next one. ...we prepare for glory by failing until we don't." - Craig Ferguson, American on Purpose

Hey guys, please also check out the existing thread along the same lines over in the. Water cooler, started by Dragonfly, at

http://www.spiritualriver.com/forum/...ional-thoughts

I'll add yours there as well. These can be so powerful!!!

We probably have enough good thoughts to sustain two threads if you want, but I didn't want you to miss out on what people have already posted.
    Last edited by carol; 01-26-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Think one thread is plenty. Is there a way i can remove this one?

I can't seem to find the original thread that contained thoughts & quotes, so I'll use this one!

"When the mind runs too much of the show, the spirit suffocates. Step out of your story and come from your soul... You will know what to do." ~ Tony Robbins

If I recall correctly, the original thread was started by someone that asked to have all their posts deleted for personal reasons. The original thread must have been canceled when that action was taken. If you follow the link to the original one in Carol's post above you can't find it, so I'm glad to see someone restarted one, thanks Sunny and Erin for continuing the tradition!

"What holds so many people back is an unwillingness to pay the price, to make the effort to sacrifice their ease and comfort."
    -- Orison Marden, writer
    Last edited by Ken1; 03-08-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Privacy

Erin, thanks for the quote today and for reminding us how important they can be in keeping us going!

Sunny, I'm so glad you started this thread and decided to keep it. Hope you are doing OK.

JeffR1 had a great quote the other day that bears reposting, so here it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
    Hi everyone. I subscribe to the Eckhart Tolle facebook page and this message was posted today about staying in the present moment.
    'In about the year 60 BC, Roman philosopher Seneca wrote this: "There are more things that frighten us than injure us, and we suffer more in imagination than in reality."

Not only anxious thoughts, but also resentment, grievances, pointless complaining, guilt and regret, criticism of self and others, perpetual discontent...... are ways in which we unconsciously create suffering for ourselves. They arise in imagination (the mind).

We need to recognize that these are all unnecessary baggage that brings a heaviness into our lives and strengthens a false sense of self. When you recognize their pointlessness, you can let go of them and then MOVE THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT UNNECESSARY BAGGAGE, enjoying the present moment, including its challenges.

And so the present moment becomes your friend, and you begin to experience life as supportive, rather than hostile. This is the miracle of transformation.'
    Last edited by carol; 03-08-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Here are a list of affirmations I received today and wanted to pass them along:

Finding Peace

* I am taking time to relax today.
    * I am experiencing calm in this moment.
    * Today I experience peace and calm.
    * I am aware of my inner beauty.
    * I take time for spiritual connection.
    * I make time today for meditation.
    * I live and enjoy this moment, here and now.
    * I radiate peace and love to others.
    * I open my heart to this moment.
    Last edited by Ken1; 03-08-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Respect

Glad to see you guys kept it going

"Today, I will begin being grateful for my past. I cannot change what happened, but I can transform the past by owning my power, and by accepting, healing and learning from the the past" Melodie Beatty

"We grow because we struggle, we learn and overcome."
    R.C. Allen

"If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started."
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman Philosopher

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still."
    -- Chinese Proverb

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant." ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

"Experience is not what happens to a man, it is what a man does with what happens to him." ~ Aldous Huxley
    Morgan
    “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” ~ William Arthur Ward

From The Secret Daily Teachings

Begin your day by feeling grateful. Be grateful for the bed you just slept in, the roof over your head, the carpet or floor under your feet, the running water, the soap, your shower, your toothbrush, your clothes, your shoes, the refrigerator that keeps your food cold, the car that you drive, your job, your friends. Be grateful for the stores that make it so easy to buy the things you need, the restaurants, the utilities, services, and electrical appliances that make your life effortless. Be grateful for the magazines and the books that you read. Be grateful for the chair that you sit on, and the pavement that you walk on. Be grateful for the weather, the sun, the sky, the birds, the trees, the grass, the rain, and the flowers.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

“Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.” ~Eckhart Tolle

Thank you, Sue, for the link to the ZenHabits blog!

Procrastination

I found a series of quotes on the subject of procrastination. I found them particularly applicable to stopping drinking.

"How soon 'not now' becomes 'never'."
    Martin Luther

"A year from now you may wish you had started today."
    Karen Lamb

"To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing."
    Eva Young

"If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it."
    Olin Miller

"Putting off an easy thing makes it hard. Putting off a hard thing makes it impossible."
    George Claude Lorimer

"You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves."
    Dale Carnegie

"In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing to do, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
    Theodore Roosevelt

"Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the "someday I'll" philosophy."
    Denis Waitley

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task"
    William James

"Much of the stress that people feel doesn't come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they started."
    David Allen

"Experience is valuable only if it's imbued with meaning from which one can draw salient conclusions. Otherwise, experience becomes imprisoning."
    Barry McCaffrey, general

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
    "I don’t much care where--" said Alice.
    "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go," said the Cat.
    "--so long as I get SOMEWHERE," Alice added as an explanation.
    "Oh, you’re sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
    (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 6)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last