Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
Quotes and Affirmations - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    A good one I found right when I needed it today :

‘You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.’ ~Buddha

"Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."
    -- Zig Ziglar, Author

I'm in the rest of us category......
    Troubles are temporary. So is life. You get to decide which one you want to focus on

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And Wisdom to know the difference.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~Ernest Hemingway
    Troubles are temporary. So is life. You get to decide which one you want to focus on

Sobriety delivers what alcohol promises.

Not sure who said it, I found it on Facebook, but I LOVE IT!!

"When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say... 'You hit like a bitch.'"

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
    Zig Ziglar

"I was thinking one day and I realized that if I just had somebody behind me all the way to motivate me I could make a big difference. Nobody came along like that so I just became that person for myself."
    Unknown

"When our goals and dreams start to frustrate us, when we lose our peace and we're not enjoying life, that's a sure sign that we're holding on too tightly." (Not sure who said it )

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
    -- Rene Descartes

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Mahatma Gandhi

“Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the staircase”
    - Martin Luther King Jr., civil rights leader

Die hard recovery fanatic

“Alcohol ruined me financially and morally, broke my heart and the hearts of too many others. Even though it did this to me and it almost killed me and I haven't touched a drop of it in seventeen years, sometimes I wonder if I could get away with drinking some now. I totally subscribe to the notion that alcoholism is a mental illness because thinking like that is clearly insane.”

― Craig Ferguson, American on Purpose: The Improbable Adventures of an Unlikely Patriot

"In proportion as he simplifies his lfe, the laws of the universe will appear less complex,
    and solitude will not be solitude,
    nor poverty poverty,
    nor weakness weakness."

- Henry David Thoreau

I came across an ebook known as The Awakened Phoenix by Kaylin Rose. The ebook talks about addiction and seems to provide a unique approach. Not sure how useful it is, but it has been interesting reading. Mentions affirmations and its benefits.

Bear45

So true . . .

“We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking.”
    ― Santosh Kalwar, Quote Me Everyday

I don't know who said it, but it helps me:
    If I don't change the person who brought me to this point, that same person will take me back....

I love this website! I get articles every morning and I can always count on something inspiring to read.
    Positively Positive Your Attitude + Your Choices = Your Life

In the midst of my tears, I was aware of a single longing: “Please, please, may I find a way to peace; may I love life no matter what.”

This was the beginning of what would become an earnest search for a place of peace, connectedness, and inner freedom that I could count on, even in the face of life’s greatest challenges. I now call this place “true refuge” because I’ve come to understand that it doesn’t depend on anything outside ourselves—a certain situation, person, cure, or even particular mood or emotion. The yearning for such refuge is not mine, personally; it’s universal. It’s what lies beneath all of our wants and fears. We long to know we can handle what’s coming. We want to trust ourselves, to trust and love this life.
    Tara Brach

"Each time you find that your mind has gotten stuck in a struggle, remember that you know the way out. You've found it before. Stop. Take a breath. Dismiss dismay, if you can, as fast as it arises. It's not supposed to be different. This is the way it is. It's easier than you think and it's harder than you can imagine.

Freedom from habit is a possibility. Not once and for all, as far as I can tell, but day after day, little by little, and more and more often."

--Sylvia Boorstein, Pay Attention for Goodness' Sake

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think that really applies to us. You don't have to see your way to forever, you don't have to know how it's all going to work out. Just take the first step and don't drink today, and post that success. My two cents.

Thank you for posting this today. We need to keep our focus on now, today, the first step. The future will take care of itself if we can do that.

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last