Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
Random Acts of Kindness - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    That's awesome, Tim!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    As you sow, so shall you reap.

Good advice, thank you

Just saw this... SO COOL. I'm going to do some of these.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/83648844/

Love it Part of the "Just for Today" it talks about doing a random act of kindness daily and I've been enjoying it. It's true that when you give, you receive...a warm fuzzy heart

I bought $10 worth of $1 scratch-off tickets this morning and am excited to affix them in various public places and hopefully make someone rich.

Quote Originally Posted by _Erin_ View Post
    Just saw this... SO COOL. I'm going to do some of these.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/83648844/
    Erin, this made my day! Way cool!

Yesterday I held the door open for an old woman, the day before I went out of my way to go say thank you to a WWII vet in the grocery store, but these are tiny compared to the ones in the post.

I'm taking a minute and thinking how truly wonderful our world would be if every single person did something nice for someone else every day.

A local radio station has been talking about a program called "Christmas Wish" that they do every year. They're requesting nominations for families in need, they invite them to a huge Christmas bash and then make their Christmas wishes come true. Sending off a nomination for my friends who lost their daughter to cancer last February. Couldn't fill out the form without crying

^^I just wanted to comment and report some happy news - I got (missed) a call from the radio station last night, asking what they could get my friend and her family (she has another daughter just a year younger than the one they lost) for Christmas. Been crying off and on since I heard the voicemail last night lol I'm so excited for them!

Erin, that is wonderful news! You are such a special person. Tears, smiles, and hugs to you!
    Carol

10. 12-04-2013
    Reason
    Deleted due to advertising in signature section; member asked to remove advertising and didn't

In my opinion, of course that counts as a random act of kindness! Dogs are people, too! lol Welcome, Janneha!

My husband and I paid off the layaways for toys for 2 families. It felt really good to do something nice.

Awww... how sweet, Carol!

Saturday we stopped to fill up on gas, so I left one of my scratch-off tickets on the pump. Then we headed to get my daughter's birthday cake from the grocery store. When they brought it out there was a big bubble under the frosting and the cashier goes, "This is unacceptable, I'm getting a manager." They talk, then the manager asks me how much she charged me for it. I told her I hadn't paid for anything yet. She took the ticket off the cake box, hands it to me and says, "Tell your daughter to have a happy birthday! This will get taken care of and won't happen again if you ever come here again." I thanked her and was in shock... I expected maybe a discount but not a free $25 cake! I told John, "See? My 'good karma' already worked."

Awesome Carol!
    Erin, that's a great story on karma
    I try once a week to pay for someone behind me in the drivethru, it's actually kinda neat cause sometimes it starts a chain of folks paying for the person behind them and gets called into the radio station. I have had someone else pay for my lunch that way too. It's good to know there are some good hearts still out there in the world!

That's awesome! And I agree, it's nice to know there is still caring and compassion I'm going to try to work your idea into my routine, too!

Reading these acts of kindness made my day. It makes me wish I had all of you in my real life, not cyber.

I've seen on the news the layaway stories. And I LOVE the drive thru idea. You ladies are awesome.
    Last edited by Alana; 01-10-2014 at 10:50 PM.

I believe people come into your life for a reason, there is no accident, even if their role is minor, even if their role is unpleasant and cause for you to grow. Last Sunday at church, I met a woman who came alone, who just happened to have a son stationed in the same town as my mom's hometown in Japan and she missed him terribly as they were close. As we were going through services, I noted that she was sitting next to me with tears running down her face. I squeezed her hand to let her know it was ok and at the end when I gave her a hug as she told me how lonely she was and how hard it was this season to get into the spirit as everything in her life seemed to be falling apart. We locked eyes as we said goodbye and all this week I've been thinking of her and praying for her. I may never see her again and never know if things get better, that's the hard part sometimes of living life, we don't always know the effects we may have on other people who cross our lives. Sometimes I wish we could have an angel like Clarence to show us. For those who believe in prayer, can you say a little prayer for this woman? I know how it feels to be so lonely at a time when everyone seems so cheery and pray that she will find a ray of hope to hang on to. Thanks.

- Distribute blankets to homeless people
    - Ask an old person you know if you can do their shopping for them (and put away the stuff, too)
    - Tell some girls who look down that they look beautiful or something cliche (no W/K, you're not trying to achieve anything other than complimenting them).

And I'm out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1900101_316948251793344_1150174453_n.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	63 Saw this and made me think of you Erin

^^ I just saw that last post, Peri, thank you! Love it

It's FINALLY looking like spring in Michigan, so Saturday we took the car to the car wash to spray the mud off. I started feeding my dollar bills and it only took two, then stopped taking them. So I pushed the "refund" button and got my $2 back, thinking I'd just go use the self-service sprayer. An older guy walks up and asks if I'm having trouble. I explained what happened and that I was just going to go use another wash. He said, "Hang on, maybe it's just jammed, I'll go get my key." Had no idea I was talking to the owner... he walked back with his keys, messed with it a little, stuck his little coupon voucher thing in and it worked. I went to hand him my money, and he said, "Nah, go ahead. Sorry for the trouble, have a good day!" I thanked him and drove in... he didn't have to do that, I got my money back, it was no big deal. But his little $6 gesture made my whole day

Awesome!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last