Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
3 Reasons I'm Not Drinking Today - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

3 reasons why i won't drink today.

I don't need or want to.
    I have already drunk my lifetime quota.
    It is no friend of mine.

3 reasons I am not drinking today

1) I AM GRATEFUL I don't have the money to drink.
    2) I AM GRATEFUL I used my money to pay my bills.
    3) I AM GRATEFUL I am coherent enough to have used my money to pay bills.

So weird that today I realized all my bills are going to be paid on time this month....wow! And not even sweating about it, had the money to do it. I AM GRATEFUL.

I'm not drinking today because
    "head in the sand" is not an attractive pose!
    I am better than my drinking self.
    I like telling Mabel to f--- off.

p.s. Beth, I am also paying my bills and loving it!

3 Reason's Why I Won't Drink Today:

1.) It feels nice waking up in the morning with a clear conscious.
    2.) So I can make my way on to day four.
    3.) So I can wake up and do Yoga not hungover and feeling like crap.

3 reasons why i wont drink today

1 Because i dont want to wake up at 2 am with rebound insomnia and not be able to sleep
    2 So I can drive to work with a fear of being pulled by the police
    3 So i can look forward to day 5

1. Alcohol destroys my health and my health is my wealth. Without my health, nothing else matters, neither fame nor fortune. Once health is destroyed, it's almost impossible to get back.

2. Alcohol crushes my dreams and is a sin against my talents. It can consume years of my life in a single bound without me hardly even noticing.

3. Drinking is a lie that promises relief but provides only misery and despair.
    Troubles are temporary. So is life. You get to decide which one you want to focus on

7. 11-24-2012

Someone who keeps coming back...

8. 11-24-2012

Someone who keeps coming back...

Hi, Watersam, I'm so glad to see you. Oh, yes, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, that's a great description. There are some folks on the main thread who are on the Christmas challenge. Maybe join them? Welcome home.

3 Reasons

Honestly today:

1. The Law
    2. The horrible Feeling in the morning
    3. The love of my children

1. Drinking undermined all my efforts toward what I want to achieve in life.
    2. Drinking prevented me from being aware in the moment and really connecting with my family.
    3. Now in my mid 40s, drinking only contributed to a growing list of negative consequences and a rapidly diminishing list of positive ones.

While I`m struggling I wanted to post why I should not drink today - plus I really like this thread

1 - I do not want to start all over again in the morning and face the guilt
    2 - I need to feel whatever it is I`m feeling right now -
    3 - I do not want to let my son down and continue to be a piss head mother

My 3 reasons will be very simple. I hope they are more meaningful as I progress in sobriety.
    1. I promised myself 30 days and I haven't been able to achieve this small goal in a long time.
    2. I want to see if I feel any different physically and mentally not drinking.
    3. Tired of worrying how drinking is affecting my health.

I am not a drinker, but I find this thread very inspiring, and I wish my child's father would stumble onto something like this and find the same inspiration... I am tempted to send him a link to it!!! I guess I could. Even if he doesn't read it, I tried! Right?
    - God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

This is my first post on this Site: found it about a week ago in search of an alternative to AA - In the day 3 of sobriety "again" & just want to be "free" of the ball & Chain. Three reasons for not drinking today:

I want to truly "live" & have a sense of peace in my life & for those that love me to have that same peace.
    To wake up & look in the mirror & not be disgusted at the woman I see
    To truly be there for those I love & adore...to build relationships that are meaningful

Hi MaryG, those are 3 excellent reasons for staying sober.. Welcome to SR and good luck on your journey to sobriety.. Check in on the main thread and let us know how it is going.. Take care, and best wishes..

Chad
    “Well, if it can be thought, it can be done, a problem can be overcome”

Three reasons I'm not drinking today:
    1.) It feels horrible to feel hung over and it renders me useless the next day.
    2.) I made a promise to myself that I would not drink and I really want for once to rid alcohol from my life.
    3.) Simply because I need to learn how to deal with all of life's ups and downs sober.

Julie - the above ones are good...
    1. Because i don't want to exist, I want to continue living... It feels amazing to feel happy, calm, content and have bags of energy to run and exercise and I only wish I'd done it sooner.
    2. Because I respect myself for the first time since I can remember, both how I look and more importantly my mind. I no longer just walk around dragging the stone of booze shame... Constantly fretting over various issues.
    3. Because you become a nobend when you drink

Xx

1. i don't want to face the morning with a guilt in my face.
    2. i don't want my family to hate me.
    3. Simply because i love myself.

1. I am sick of feeling sick: I'm physically, mentally and spiritually redundant.
    2. I want to be a good role model for my children and to be a good daughter, friend, sister.
    3. I want a LIFE that is not ruled by wine and cider.

1. I hate the smell of alcohol lurking in my mouth after i woke up.
    2. Headaches are troublesome, especially when at work.
    3. Hangovers giving me hard time.

Here's the 3 reasons why Gustavo Woltmann will not drink today.
    1. I need to work today in order to have money that I need in order to survive and to make my family happy. So I'm in a publishers company and of I need all energy in order to finish my work. I don't want to waste it money and energy.
    2. Because I love my family, most of all my beloved daughter, I don't want her to see me drunk whenever I go home. Last night my friends ask me to come on the beach near Panama City to drink and have fun but I refused. I know it's a good place but still I didn't went out. I know my friends will understand me. Good for me.
    3. And lastly, I wanna live a healthy and awesome life.

That's all thanks!

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last