Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
recoveredcrackhead@yahoo.com

recoveredcrackhead@yahoo.com

Yes that is my e-mail, I like talking to other crackheads, whenever, whereever.
    You see I have been there and back again. Currently I am attending college for..what else...chemical dependency counseling. I don't much agree with alot of it. I owe my recovery to God, atleast that's what I call my higher power. Oh and alot of hard work. Alot of Hard Work. But it was worth it, my kids talk to me now. Actually they invite me to do things, like see my new (first) granddaughter. The promises and miracles do happen, I just needed to work for them...alot....and hard.

I hope, if you have read this far, that your willing to try something new...like away of life that reqiures...you know, work, alot and it's hard. But at the end of each day, as your head hits the pillow you'll always say "Thanks Lord, it was worth it"

Regards,
    Larry

Hi Larry! Welcome! I like your outlook on life, it's refreshing. I'm not an addict, but I am reforming myself in my own ways. Recovering addicts are my favorite people on this earth. They've been through hell and back, walked on both sides, and know the true value of life and like you said, all the hard work it takes to have it. They are "real." Rarely meet a recovered addict that is quick to judge another person, too. They are usually the first ones to give someone the benefit of the doubt, forgive and think rationally.

Anyway, I ramble a lot. lol Nice to meet you, I hope you will post on the main thread - the Hydrocodone one used to be hopping and has kind of died off. I think a lot of people could benefit from your wisdom. The How to Stop Drinking thread is where you'll find most of the members here, although you're not a drinker - neither am I, and it seems everyone is welcome.

Have a great day!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    As you sow, so shall you reap.

Larry. You are the Man!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I hear crack still sucks......

At least school is out for the holidays, haven't received my grades yet but have scheduled next semester. I am also currently working on becoming a recovery coach, any one here of that yet.

Larry

Recovery coaching is a new way of looking at addiction and recovery that focuses on working with the recoveree where he is at. It was developed by the Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR) in 2008 and since then, more than 2,500 addiction counselors and others have enrolled in Recovery Coach training. CCAR has found that when recoverees participate in coaching after in- or out-patient treatment, their rates of relapse decline several-fold compared with recoverees who don't. In 2013, City of Angels introduced the 30-hour CCAR Recovery Coach training, and will run two more classes during the year. For more details about the class and this approach to maintaining recovery: http://www.cityofangelsnj.org/recov...overycoach.html

Cool, sounds like you are still doing well. Are you attending the same college for that or is that something you are also pursuing in addition to degree, definitely sounds like you like putting in the work.

Wow, where does the time go?

let me tell ya, I got no idea and I'm turning 50 this month. But since I will be back in school stuying Recreation & Leisure, I really don't care.

Well that was the plan.
    My how things change.

I spent most of October in jail because I am in love with an alcoholic-crackhead BPD. I triend to interfere with her using and she told the police I hit her (I did not). bit being an exaddict with a felony I was led to believe that I would never beat the charge in court. New York State has some very peculiar domestic violence laws. When one party accuses another, the accused is giulty until proven innocent and if you can't afford an attorny...well, you're doing time and dealing with a whole host of consequences.
    I no longer attend college, missing a month is not acceptable. I can no longer be a counselor, as the Human Services field does not like "abusers". I should also mention that the story was I punched her in the back of the head (no marks) while she was holding the crack dealers baby (Acting in a Manner Injurous to A Child) two weeks before she reported it. No witnesses and may other details that are circumstantially in my favor. But nobody is interested...yet.
    I will be redeemed, although in the eyes of my daughters there was never any doubt and that is the most important part to me. I have actually had a few people indicate their disbelief and this is encouraging.
    A new life begins NOW.
    I had plenty of time to think, pray, contemplate and meditate as I do not socialize with the usual rif-raf found in jails. I have accepted my new journey and harbor no resentments as this was/is God's way of re-directing my course. Wisdom is gained through experience and like it or not sometimes that means suffering.
    I have work to do and for that i am glad.
    May the Heavenly Fathers peace be upon you.

"Today I begin a new life.
    Today I shed my old skin, which hath, too long, suffered the bruises of failure and
    the wounds of mediocrity.
    Today I am born anew and my birthplace is a vineyard where there is fruit for all.
    Today I will pluck grapes of wisdom from the tallest and fullest vines in the
    vineyard, for these were planted by the wisest of my profession who have come
    before me, generation upon generation.
    Today I will savor the taste of grapes from these vines and verily I will swallow the
    seed of success buried in each and new life will sprout within me.
    The career I have chosen is laden with opportunity yet it is fraught with heartbreak
    and despair and the bodies of those who have failed, were they piled one atop
    another, would cast its shadow down upon all the pyramids of the earth.
    Yet I will not fail, as the others, for in my hands I now hold the charts, which will
    guide me through perilous waters to shores, which only yesterday seemed but a
    dream." Og Mandino

Be Well,
    Larry

well this recoveredcrackhead is progressing back into society. Back in Feb. I was forced to volunteer for a local charitable organization. 6 weeks later I was hired (part-time) to drive the delivery truck. I now have money in the bank, (a checking account). I am also awaiting word on if this is going to become full time. The pastor of my church has also been kind enough to hire me to mow the lawn. God is good.

Be well,
    Larry

Milestones.....

I have just made my finally payment for restitution..$545.00, in 9 days the judge will release me from probation. Who would have thought that this recoveredcrackhead could amass such a sum without running straight to the dealer? And my P.O. gave me a urine test. I mean really? if I had been using I would not have had the money. Some people have no understanding how (my) addiction worked.

Stranger still is the thought that exactly one year ago I was sitting in jail on a trumped up charge which changed the course of my life, yet again.

But now, I work full time for a charitable orginization. I am active in the recovery world, striving to spread the message of hope. But most of all, I am involved with my daughters. Helping my youngest improve her new house, for which I was invited to the house warming party over the weekend. (Even talked with my ex)

God is good and I benefit of the grace just for saying so.

Be Well,
    Larry

Larry, congratulations!! Happy for you being able to get off probation and pay your fines and acknowledge all those little things that you couldn't see before. Awesome news, made me smile Have a great day!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    As you sow, so shall you reap.

Jsut a bump to say hello,

Hey Larry, nice of you to say hi. You still doing well? Re-reading your post of Nov 2013 is inspiring. (As an alcoholic in recovery I'm savoring those grapes before they're fermented of course.).

Hi Carol,
    I'm....living, clean. Life is funny, more strange than ha-ha. And I am on the back nine. That's golf slang for the second half, if I'm gonna live to 100. So new adventures arise and distract me from my plans, but now I have grand kids to play with and that beats working anyday.
    Thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Larry

And now I am a Recovery Coach, Peer Mentor and sponsor. Maybe one day I'll get that degree, but for now there are more important things to do.
    I have found a space to work at recovery coaching, not for money, actually it cost me money. But it's what I want to do, to be helpful.
    If I can be of service...recoveredcrackhead@ yahoo. com That's me and that's my e-mail.

Be well,
    Larry

Hi larry i am a CRACKHEAD TOO and i fell hard over the last 36 hrs. I know MONEY is my trigger and i do pay my bills but when i have a little or ALOT of money i just seem to loose CONTROL. No matter how many times my dad fusses at me his words goes in one ear and out the other and my addiction is killing my releationships and friendships as well. But TODAY i am making a new step and looking for RECOVERY CENTERS because i have FINALLY REALIZED that I TRULY HAVE A DRUG PROBLEM. Yes i agree with you that life & recovery takes alot of HARD WORK and i amwilling to do WHATEVER it TAKES i know they will be pitfalls along the way. But the current way of HANDLING THINGS is NOT working.

Wow, this is one of those hard to remember forums, and for that i apologize. I should check out the traffic on the otherside.

Things are going well for this recoveredcrackhead (google it for the whole long story) I got a little office space in the church
    that host my AA home group. We do things like walk to reise money for cancer and heart disease. Hopefully I will get a recovery
    coaching class up and running. But in the mean time, if you need some one to talk too, recoveredcrackhead @ yahoo, or join us
    on fb, "Pathfinders" or "Friends of Recovery- Mohawk Valley"

Until then be well,
    Larry