Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
Fitness--Health--Diet - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Whole Foods, I think sometimes is my new liquor store..
    “Well, if it can be thought, it can be done, a problem can be overcome”

hahah, yeah, all the money I save on booze is now going to organic foods

When my other half got out of recovery, he was hooked on these fruit chew things they gave him in rehab. He never liked candy before, so it raised an eyebrow with me when we went on a scavenger hunt trying to find these things. However I have noticed after about 30 days, I too am having a sweet tooth like you won't believe. Maybe it's the cold weather too, but I want cakes, ice cream and candy, in particular hard candies which is just pure sugar. I have even gotten up in the middle of the night feeding myself a spoonful or two of brown sugar. Anybody else have weird cravings in the beginning?

Lol, Periwinkle...spoonfuls of brown sugar!!!???
    I can well believe that the body can direct us to eat certain foods if the y contain nutrients we may not know we need. I think there's a medical condition called Pica (?) something along those lines.
    I have definitely been eating more treats but I've managed to curb the habit over the last week, thankfully.

I managed an 8k run today and that was after a training session last night as well so I'm happy with that.
    I'll rest tomorrow and try a 10k on Sunday.
    Hope everyone is doing well.

Nice to hear from both of you.. I posted an article months back about how sugar and alcohol stimulate the same parts of the brain.. I will try to find it again.. It will help answer some of the craving questions..

Chad
    Xx

You are all talking a different language.
    Healthy to me is a week where I avoid a take away, having given up wine I just drink more diet 'soda'.. In fact, I'm supping on one now!
    I feel out of my depth with all your yoghurt knitting alfalfa farming...
    Chad- does that mean you're doing Atkins?
    Phew - I think I need a lie down. Feeling jolly sluggish and have a headache
    Last edited by Average female; 11-09-2013 at 04:12 PM.

I just caught the end of man vs food - I know what you're really up to...

AF,
    You crack me up!! I look at this as a victory.. I got you to post on here.. Next, we need to have a chat about all that soda intake.. Baby steps!! I am just thrilled you were able to post with all the horrible symptoms it was causing you. I hope once you exited out of this dreadful place you were able to recover..

Chad
    Xx

Indeed, so inspired by this thread I have just had a big pile of yuzu fruit for breakfast... I am SO over the Acai berries now..
    (Washed down with a diet coke )

Joking aside, I managed 5k on treadmill today. Granted, it was in 47.5 mins. Fast walking. I intend to bore you all with very slow progress until I get to 5k in 30 mins.
    I really enjoy the endorphins and like what exercise is doing to my shape.
    Oh and I do drink water when exercising. It's my one relief from the soda.
    I'm going to drink a litre of water a day too.
    No green drinks though. Ew..

"Yoghurt knitting alfalfa farming..." LMAO!! That was too funny... nearly spit my coffee out on my computer screen.

I had a bowl of Special K with a sliced-up banana for breakfast this morning. Lunch is a salad (super-cool side note... my daughter also loves her veggies and together, she and I made our own salads for lunch yesterday) consisting of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, mozz cheese, ranch dressing and a couple pieces of popcorn chicken, left over from the boyfriend being hungry after grocery shopping last night. Dinner will be leftover chili. Snacks in between will be tropical trail mix or Wheat Thins or Triscuits. Yes, I eat a lot of fiber.

I am promising myself 5 days... just 5 days... of pushing myself extra hard in the exercise department. Five consecutive days of the 69-minute workout I did last week. When I accomplish that, my reward will be the weekend off from diet and exercise. I seem to be wanting to "just be lazy" lately, I don't know if it's the pending onset of winter or what. But what's cool is if I make it through 5 days, I will feel better than I do right now, and the "weekend off" will probably not seem as enticing as it does now, so I probably won't blow it as badly. lmao
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    As you sow, so shall you reap.

Erin-- so happy to hear from you!!

It's always good to take a few days off to recharge the batteries.. The body rebuilds and the mind misses the endorphins.. Just don't take off to long or you loose the rhythm..
    Good to see you here..

Chad
    Xx

A few days, yes. A few weeks, which is what I did, does exactly what you said - made me lose my rhythm.

Day 1 of my 5-day promise fulfilled. Last time, I did three Level 1's. This time, I did two Level 1's and one Level 3... and tomorrow, the higher level comes first. lmao That was a dumb move...

So.. 5k in 44 mins yesterday and 4k tonight...
    I like it... I like the way it changes your body shape so quickly..
    Someone said I was disappearing today - fab... Must be all the quinoa and mung beans...
    I read an article in the paper about chad's green drinks... Apparently they're very 'now' (get you chad?? Give it a few months and the fanny packs will be flying off the shelves.. Albeit renamed for the purposes of UK retail as we've already established.).
    You can't get a juicer in the uk for love nor money...
    BUT, they were saying while they can be used as an aid to a good diet. And can be used very short term for weight loss, they can't be used long term as you lose all the fibre. And that juice alone does not contain enough protein or fats longer term..
    Frankly, they sound minging so you can keep them,
    AF
    Xx

Now... Erin, are the 'levels' like the 'steps' in the other thread? I do easily get behind with all this jargon...

I got Day 2 of 5 done. Barely. lol

AF, what I am doing is Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred. It's a 20 (25)-minute workout - 3 sets of this: 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs in each workout. There are three levels (so 3 different workouts). Supposedly, each level is a step up, but personally I find Level 2 the most challenging of all of them. Level 3 is the most fun because it moves the fastest. lol

But I am doing three workouts a night because one workout seemed to be just maintaining my current weight now, and because I took a month off from doing anything and I guess this is my form of punishment for allowing myself to lose some of the progress I'd made before quitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9g8eEYwtfSo

My wife sent this YouTube video to me.. It is a conference where a cardiologist is giving a seminar on the dangers of running to far at to fast a pace.. It has really made me think about my goals as far as running are concerned.. It is 21 minutes but I think it is well worth the time...

Chad
    Xx

AF,
    The article you read is correct.. I only juice if I feel I need a shot of major vitamins, right now!! This is a Green Drink..

What you have done AF, is turned my Green Smoothie into a Green Drink.. Both Green but two different kinds of drinks.. I make a Green Smoothie every night.. I get all the great fiber, fats, and protein because I blend it all together and drink.. Every Smoothie I make I add an Avocado, there's your fat.. Or if you don't have an avocado you can use organic coconut oil.. The whole fruits and veggies I use are full of fiber and proteins..

Thanks for taking the time to read up on it though.. Maybe? In time, I will be able to convince you..

Chad
    Xx

Nope. You can stick your green drinks.

Erin, I think you mistyped. You said 3 workouts a NIGHT?
    I've heard of shred. In fact a couple of mates do it and swear by it. Good for the tummy???
    I did 4.5 k but in 40 minutes so not speeding up too much, that's obviously on the back of chads post above. Don't want to be risking my health now... That, and the fact I had a number of interruptions tonight.
    Joking aside, I can really feel a change to my body shape, it's reacting to the exercise really quickly which I'm pleased about. Is it true there are different types of body that react differently to exercise? Or maybe it's just if you're an overweight fat fuck you're likely to lose weight quicker. Either way, pleased with progress.
    XX

Chad, you're green 'smoothie' .. Is it green and is it a drink?
    Well, it's a green drink.

Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last