Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
Gratitude List - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Gratitude List

Erin, my heart hurts for you when I hear about your loss. If I may be so bold, let me share a few things I've learned about losing someone you love.

First, it reminds me that life is a precious and fragile gift. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery so all we have is today.
    Be sure to tell everyone that you need to just how you feel about them so they will have no doubt how much they mean to you.

Next life is short, so if you have any goals you are putting off, take action on them today. Do not wait, the time will never be "just right".
    Goals with out action are just dreams. Taking action is like putting a V8 engine in your dreams. Go for it!

As far as your mom goes, focus on the love you two shared. I know life is messy and imperfect, but forgive the
    past and celebrate the good times. Forgiveness is not for the person you forgive, it is a gift you give yourself!

A wise man once said to me "any day above ground is a good day!" Wise words I tell myself everyday.

Here's to you Erin, you are an amazing person!
    Troubles are temporary. So is life. You get to decide which one you want to focus on

Ken, thank you for your reply! I appreciate you, and the support you always offer. But I don't want you to feel sad for me! I'm in a great place. I think I want to expand on it a little, probably in the Adult Children thread, but for now I must get busy at work.

Today:
    1. I am SO grateful for the love and support of friends, many of whom I have never even met in person.
    2. I am grateful for the little girl I have that reminds me not to take life too seriously and gives me a great reason to strive for better things.
    3. I am grateful for Greek Gods black cherry greek yogurt. Seriously, the stuff is amazing!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    As you sow, so shall you reap.

Today is 25 years since my dad passed. Again, not sad, just observing his memory!

Today:
    1. I am grateful for it being Friday.
    2. I am grateful that, so far, we haven't received the freezing rain they're calling for in our area.
    3. I am grateful for the all-around mild winter we've had so far this year. It only really got cold in the past couple weeks, and the one big snowstorm we've had (just before Thanksgiving, about 1-1/2 feet of snow) melted completely within a week!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    As you sow, so shall you reap.

Today, I am SO GRATEFUL for this place, Patrick, the people here (past and present) for helping me break my chains and become free!

I am grateful for the bank holidays... Long weekends...
    Lush

I am grateful for a good day of exercise followed by a short but solid night's sleep.
    F$%^ You, Mickey's

At my elderly mom's. Where I was once so drunk she told me I'd been possessed by the devil - some truth to that actually. Grateful it didn't even cross my mind to order booze on the plane. As I passed one of the airport bars where I used to predrink to make it thru the flight (since the measly minibottles on the plane were never enough), I was grateful to not have to do that any more. Grateful I'm able to help mom, difficult as it can be, without having to resort to drink.

Being grateful for "nots" doesn't sound all that positive I guess, but I'm still grateful for these. Maybe more later

I am grateful that I can now post on the Gratitude List!

I am grateful to be home.

Today I am grateful to be alive! To have this moment to sit and reflect.

And I'm also grateful Julie can post here!

Page 3 of 3 First 123