Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
Gratitude List - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Gratitude List

Yesterday I awoke from a very sad dream about events from my past and it kinda left a funk on my whole day, however I am grateful
    1 I didn't drink to escape the pain. I accepted it there all day and just let it work it's way out, not try to make myself cheery by putting on a mask.
    2 For not having a day one today.
    3 For having all the tools, support to use and inspirations of others walking this path of sobriety
    4 11hrs of pure deep sleep last night that helped my heart heal
    5 Being alive and having another day here on earth to do the next right thing.

All this to appreciate cause I'm not drunk!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1661772_702278246489166_269990417_n.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	72

Migraine attack in the middle of the night makes it hard to be grateful to wake up to, however
    1. It's a beautiful sunny blue sky day with birds chirping and should hit 60! Open up the windows for fresh air!
    2. Through the morning, the migraine is gradually lifting, just in time to work out and go to work this afternoon.
    3. Learning that it's ok to be the odd fish swimming in the opposite direction and speaking up so that others know they can follow their own path too.

Name:	esv_romans_12.2_wallpaper.jpg 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	73

From The Secret Daily Teachings
    Begin your day by feeling grateful. Be grateful for the bed you just slept in, the roof over your head, the carpet or floor under your feet, the running water, the soap, your shower, your toothbrush, your clothes, your shoes, the refrigerator that keeps your food cold, the car that you drive, your job, your friends. Be grateful for the stores that make it so easy to buy the things you need, the restaurants, the utilities, services, and electrical appliances that make your life effortless. Be grateful for the magazines and the books that you read. Be grateful for the chair that you sit on, and the pavement that you walk on. Be grateful for the weather, the sun, the sky, the birds, the trees, the grass, the rain, and the flowers.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

May the joy be with you,

Rhonda Byrne
    The Secret

Today, I'm grateful that I followed the plow truck into work. I'm grateful that whenever we have crappy weather, 9 times out of 10, I somehow end up behind the salt truck. Someone looks out for me.
    I'm grateful for my Camry, and how well she handles on these yucky roads. I'm grateful that I'm smart enough to slow down and take my time.
    I'm grateful that this season is almost over!
    I'm grateful that I am who I am, and I still have a sense of integrity about me. I used to envy a lot of people. I recently found out some "true colors," and I don't envy anyone anymore.
    I'm grateful that I went through some real shit in my life (yes, I am grateful for the shit I went through), and chose to be a better person for it.
    I'm grateful that I was able to get up and work out this morning, and that I was able to 'just say 'no'' to the snooze button two days in a row! Woohoo!
    Even though they get on my nerves, when things break I'm the one that's called, and I feel like I should be paid more, I'm really grateful for my coworkers and my job.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    As you sow, so shall you reap.

I am grateful beyond measure for being free from alcohol. Some things have happened recently that made me remember how much I treasure this, and that I can't just take it for granted.

I like the list Peri posted. Each and every one of the little things that get to me are "first world problems". It's so easy to take for granted something like running potable water that not everyone has. I am grateful to be living in the time and place that I am.

Always, always I am grateful for the love of my husband and family.

I am grateful for my husband
    I am grateful for the abundance of sunshine in the state I reside in.
    I am grateful for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th chances . . . you get the picture
    I am grateful for my local library. "Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination. They open up windows to the world and inspire us to explore and achieve, and contribute to improving our quality of life. Libraries change lives for the better." -Sidney Sheldon
    I am grateful for hope and for feeling SOOOOOO much better.

Tonight I am grateful for forgiveness. In giving it and receiving it.
    I am grateful for the ladies who are working through step study with me, sharing so many stories to help me understand.
    I am grateful for support groups, and recovery forums, sharing blogs to give me insight.
    I am grateful that the sunshine actually felt warm on the skin while outside.
    I am grateful for my first solid meal in days and it hasn't given me any problems. Spring rolls and sushi!
    I am grateful that my husband is in a better place dealing with his situation at work.
    I am grateful that I am in a better place to be calm and supportive.
    I am grateful we are in a better place as a couple that we can talk and share more openly, not just the good stuff, but fears and doubts, and in the end still hold hands.
    I am grateful that I have been given so many opportunities to turn my life around.

Name:	1506729_701323606584630_1973393284_n (1).jpg 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	77
    Last edited by Periwinkle; 03-20-2014 at 10:05 PM.

I'm grateful I logged in today and read Vic's post on the main thread. Even without an addiction to alcohol, when I made a choice to change the direction of my life, I also had to make changes in the people I kept close to me. Whether it was because of drugs, or stealing, or an overall negative attitude, etc., I had to weed out toxic people. It can be hard to do, but it doesn't mean you think you're better than anyone, and it doesn't mean that you don't care about those people. But it taught me that you have to walk your own path and let others walk theirs, and sometimes you have to care for them from a distance. Sometimes you meet back up, and sometimes you don't, but trying to drag them with you is like pulling a suitcase full of rocks behind you... dragging something along that you don't really need to take with you. Anyway, thank you, Vic, for making me think this morning. (Just didn't want to mess up the flow on the main thread, so I posted here.)

found this thread and i must say i like it a lot.. because i always believe that we should always be thankful with everything no matter how small they are. i am grateful for:

1. being able to wake up and start a new day.
    2. having a meal on the table
    3. learning new stuffs through this forum
    4. having a bed to sleep on
    5. roof that protects me from heavy rain

6. last but not least, i'm grateful for unlimited gratitude flowing through my mind right now

what i just listed are approximately 0.1% only of all my gratitude list.

I just found this article and I think it kind of fits as gratitude

7 Things I Learned From 1 Year Without Alcohol
    http://themindunleashed.org/2014/06/...t-alcohol.html

I am grateful for my new found strength and will power that has gotten me through the past 3 months sober.

I am grateful that I am finally learning to make better decisions and guarding my sobriety (not attending things if I feel week or simply declining because the anxiety before the event is too much).

I am grateful for better health. Slight weight loss and lower blood pressure - I am no longer on the low dose of blood pressure medication I was on.

I am grateful for feeling hopeful.

So I do this every day but don't often share what I'm grateful for.

Right now, I am so grateful for this wonderful, supportive, caring community. I am so happy to be free. I am grateful knowing that y'all will always have my back when I need help to stay that way.

I am grateful for the love of my family and that even though there are some health issues for the most part everyone is doing ok.

I am grateful for the good weather. Silly maybe but the weather influences my mood, and I'd rather have sun than gloom.

I often think of something I'm grateful for and immediately think of the flip side or a counterexample, but at this moment I'm setting those aside and letting a small moment of happiness wash over me.

I like to think I am pretty thankful in general. I was nominated twice for this "Thankfulness Challenge" on Facebook and I discounted it as another of those fad things that goes around. But I finally decided, "What's it gonna hurt?" and participated. I have to say, there is so much more power in being thoughtful about it, actually writing down your gratitude, and having it right in front of you, than just thinking, "I'm thankful for ___." (Not that keeping a thankful mindset isn't healthy.) I think I'm going to challenge myself to 365 days of writing down three things I'm thankful for each day.

Just my thoughts today!

I am thankful for simple things today.

I am thankful that it's Friday and I can spend quality time with my husband and children.
    I am thankful that the sun is shinning brightly and it's relatively warm.
    I am thankful that things went well for my husband today.

i guess, for today, i am greatfull for finding this community site and able to join your rank guys.

Today I am grateful for so many things. Three to mention:
    1) I'm grateful my mom is getting some medical attention she needs, thanks to the help of one of my siblings
    2) I'm grateful for our kids expressing their love to my husband yesterday for Father's Day. It hasn't always been a smooth path, and it meant a lot for him to hear from them.
    3) I'm grateful that it's 4pm and I can enjoy sitting with a glass of iced tea with the window open just chillin', worries set aside for awhile and no alarm clock for my she-devil ringing the witching hour bell, may she rest in hibernation for the rest of my days.

Worked for me

1. I'm grateful that Carol resurrected this thread.
    2. I'm grateful that I can still come here and be inspired by all of you. I get to log in every day and see new people gaining momentum, old people lending a hand. It's awesome to see.
    3. I'm grateful that I woke up, am breathing and healthy, and get another shot at making it a great day.

I think this thread needs revived. I experience little miracles and big blessings on a daily basis and I want to acknowledge them!

Today:
    1. I am grateful that I was able to fill up my tank last night, just before gas went up 40 per gallon.
    2. I am grateful for the clothes on my back that were desperately needed... and I got them at Salvation Army's half-price sale on New Year's Day. All of them new with tags!
    3. I am grateful for the time to myself early in the morning to meditate and read.

Today marks 5 years since my mom passed away. A whole lot of personal growth has happened in five years. Almost 5 years that I've been a member of this site. I have logged in very close to every day since joining. I understand the need for many to 'graduate' and move on from SR, but I still find it to be a very useful tool - in a different way than when I first joined - and extremely inspiring to see people reach out for help and others willingly give it! I see a part of myself in every person that comes here, even if it was a past self.

Today:
    1. I am grateful for the great changes and opportunities that are coming soon to myself and my family.
    2. I am grateful for all of the happy times and hardships, gains and losses I've had in my life. There's been a blessing and/or a lesson in every one, even if I didn't catch on immediately.
    3. I am grateful for the awesome sunrise I was able to witness on my way in to work this morning. I even decided getting to work faster wasn't that big a deal, stopped trying to pass the semi in front of me, and slowed down to enjoy the moment.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last