parent of an addict

I just discovered this site. I learned some things here about attachments and enabling... I still need to learn how to detach myself from my son's addictions, so any advice would be helpful. I also do not have a support system right now. I have learned about my son's addiction last year. I thought it was just a passing phase in his life. After giving him some "ultimatum", I still find stash of MJ in his bag and he continues to go out drinking with his friends. It painful as a parent to see him destroy his life like this.

have you in any way approached your son and asked him if he's undergoing hardships in life? like common teen social problems..

Hi pussycat and GarretHnatiuk

I can relate with you because my son is also an addict. He was influence by his peers and he won't just listen to me whenever I told him to quit. Then a close friend of mine in California advise me to research some drug rehab centers intervention program. I don't wanna force my son but I want him to realize that we're here for him. He deserve a better life than what he has now.
    I hope your son can also get back on the right track. As a parent we only want the best for them.

Be with your son, never leave him alone. And if possible get him a job, if he ages enough for this.