Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
Wife is needing sobriety advise on husband

Lightbulb Wife is needing sobriety advise on husband

My husband and I split up last December 2013,because of his addiction to alcohol, He filed for divorce 4/21/14 . Now that he lost another job and his apartment, I let him move back in. He is 1 month of sobriety with my help he said and we have been very intimate the last month, But I feel I am still on a roller coaster ride, he tells me he wants to do baby steps on our relationship and he isn't sure about the divorce now. Does anybody have any advise to give me please.

hi singlebutterfly, first of all, welcome to spiritual river.. it came directly from him that he wants to do baby steps on your relationship. why not give it a try? after all, everyone deserves a second chance. i hope all the best for both of you. just keep on posting and let us know about the progress in your relationship.. have a great day!

Allen, I suspect that this is more like the millionth chance than a second chance. . . I do appreciate your open and welcoming attitude though.

butterfly, oh yes this has been and continues to be a roller coaster ride. 1 month sober is excellent. What do YOU want? What are your boundaries? What if he drinks again?

There are a number of threads here of people with related dilemmas. You might want to sample them. Also I suggest you read http://www.spiritualriver.com/i-have...-to-help-them/
    It may help.

Whatever you decide, please take care of yourself. It's easy to put others first. You know on airplanes they tell you to put your own oxygen mask on first? Don't forget that. It's not being selfish to take care of yourself.

Good luck.

^^I second Carol's post a thousand times! Take care of yourself first, it's not selfish, but if you want change, it's necessary!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    As you sow, so shall you reap.