Benzo addiction? What is detox like?

I have been addicted to benzos for a year now. Some nights popping more than others. It started with Xanax, but then the doctor caught on that I was abusing them and he wanted to cut me cold turkey, but I knew from experience that he couldn't do that because I missed them one night and I thought I was going to die. So I got him to write up Klonopin instead. Now I have been abusing that. He doesn't know it yet because I have been in and out of the psych hospital and they were giving it to me there then I'd come home and still have a full prescription from him so I always had extras. But anyways, I have heard this is as bad as coming off of heroin if not worse. I plan to detox in the hospital as soon as I run out. Does anyone know what this will be like?

Hi Pailly19 detox is When a person is taking a drug or alcohol into their body, there are both mental effects and physiological adaptations by the body. The drug or alcohol stimulates reactions in the body that were formerly produced by other natural substances. Over time, the body produces less of the natural substances and begins to rely more and more on the alcohol or drugs. Because all of us have different metabolisms and different DNA, the amount of time before these changes occur varies widely.Detox is short for detoxification. Detoxification is the removing of toxins (poisons or harmful things) from the body.Drugs and alcohol are toxins. Medical detox means that the detoxification process is done under medical supervision. However, the product of a successful medical detox is not the total elimination of all the toxins from the body or the elimination of any cravings for the drug or alcohol. The product of a successful medical detox is that the person, in a more comfortable way, no longer has any medical risks caused by no longer taking the drug or drinking alcohol. The person is then ready to go into a rehab facility or, if the person was just dependent, return to their life.

Detox is an preliminary step in the management of alcoholism. It is a medically supervised period of alcohol withdrawal.