Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
trying to quit drinking

trying to quit drinking

I keep trying to quit and I'm about to have another go. Not sure if it's going to be permanent or temporary but I need to improve my life. I'm almost 34 and I'm having a really hard time finding friends and I think it's issues with confidence. I quit drinking, or rather barely drank at all for almost a month and I felt more positive and I started losing weight. I'm really frustrated in finding friends. I feel like I'll be rejected all the time and get discouraged easily. I have undergone a lot of stress in the past few years with school and bad jobs and I've finally found a job I like and a hobby that makes me feel good about myself. Other than that I feel empty a lot and lonely. I did go to AA for a while and it's not for me it added stress to my life at the time but I still remember some things from AA that have helped me. I just don't want to feel bad anymore I want to be the fun and confident person I used to be and attract good people to my life. I don't know who I am sometimes. I hope my life gets better, I feel so down lately and it's definitely because I don't have many friends. I have always isolated myself. The hobby I like is dominated by men and I have the opportunity to start a women's group for it but I don't have the confidence. I hope quitting drinking will help me change that.

Welcome gnlyon - you CAN do this!! It's scary at first, but just take it one day at a time. If you go to the main board you will find lots of support. There are good people on here - reach out and get involved. And yes, your life will change without alcohol in it - you'll gain more confidence in yourself. But you need support to do this - so reach out to the others.

Oh, the main posts are on "How to stop drinking" link.

Day 68, Weather is nice again , Doctors appointment 8 am tomorrow morning to continue reduction in my prescription meds.

Good eating program going well , lost some weight , thinking is nice and clear , sleeping better , less mood swings and no cravings for booze .

Hope Chris , Janny , Camas , Kip are doing well and a big shout out for everybody else , and thanks for the tip in the private message . .

The bottom line is that I am feeling really good for this stress filled time of year ,

Keep smiling all you Sober Saints , bye for now