Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
I need help

Thread: I need help

I need help

I need help and I am ruining my life and my family because of a drug use that I don't completely understand. Off and on for the last year and a half I have take different drugs and i try to stop and I do good for a little while but then I use again. I have promised my fiancee over and over again that I will stop and then I use again. She is to the point that she doesn't want anything to do with me and I'm going to lose her and my family. I don't want to lose everything that means everything to me. I need help cuz if I lose them, then I might as well not be alive. I don't know why I use and why I can't stop. I'm so scared.

kmoore80, welcome to the forum. Sorry for the delay in replying, you started a new thread and I just noticed you. You have found a place full of people that understand what you are going through and can possibly be of some help. If you are in an emergency situation, please contact 911 if you are in the USA. You mentioned not wanting to live, please know that there is always hope and there are resources out there that can make you feel a whole lot better in a very short time if you give them a chance. Fear is normal in my opinion and may be just the push you need to get on the road to recovery. Again, call 911 if you are considering hurting yourself and they will help you.

Have you asked your family for help? Consider turning to them and admitting that you have a problem and that you need their help. Depending on where you live, there may be an AA or NA meeting you can go to. Here is the link for Narcotics Anonymous: http://na.org/ They are similar to Alcoholics Anonymous but help people with drug problems, check out the "For the Public" tab.
    If there is no NA in your area, consider AA. Here is their link: http://www.aa.org/

Please keep posting and ask any question you have, we will do our best to help you!
    Last edited by Ken1; 01-05-2016 at 06:23 PM.
    Troubles are temporary. So is life. You get to decide which one you want to focus on

Hey Kmoore80 - I agree with everything Ken said. Call someone and get help. There is a way out of this hole we have slipped into. Don't give up.
    Addiction is a tough road to be on - but it is possible to get off of it.
    Take care of you...I am sure you can turn to the people who love you. Ask for help.

Hello Kmoore80,
    All I can say is we are all here for you. I do think it is so important that you contact someone, for help. Sometimes, it's easier to get help from someone you don't know well. Like Ken said possibly going to an AA or an NA meeting. You will feel such a weight lifted when you reach out. It's such a scary process, but you've already taken the first step by posting here. Don't lose hope.

Please keep us posted.

kmoore- everyone has felt that way from time to time-addiction or not! Can you find someone or something to pray to- not necessarily to God but something. Find a prayer or verse or saying and keep repeating it to yourself-especially when feeling this way. Go for a walk- drink 8 glasses of water today and 3 pieces of fruit. Repeat this every day you will feel better. If you or friend has an animal sit with it, let it lick your face and smile at you. Keep posting here as all the lovely people before me have commented. One day at a time.

kmoore, I can feel your pain level. Because once I suffered from similar condition, actually still recovering. To get rid of your addiction you need to be very confident and your family support is highly important. Drugs kill everywhere even in Canada, where many addiction rehabs are quite active to help people get rid of drug addiction.