Thread: 12 months

12 months

Well today marks 12 months of sobriety for me. This has been a turbulent journey. I've lost my relationship to sobriety. It has been a time of immense change. I'm beginning to accept that if my partner had been committed to helping me or joining me on this road to recovery, he would be here today to celebrate with me. He has chosen another life. Today I am sad about being alone but realise that this has been a solo journey and I will celebrate solo. I will love myself a little more today, perhaps some flowers and a hot bath and a nice home cooked meal. I will remember today and make it special for me. After all its about ME, it always has been. Love and best wishes to you all that are on this journey.
    PS: I'm still trying to work out where the best place to pst is, so I have posted in two different areas. Any guidance appreciated.

Southern California
    margot, you're not alone. 12 months is HUGE!!!! Congratulations! Woo hoo!

You can post wherever you want. Most of the action is on the "stop drinking" thread

Margot, one year is huge!! Congrats.. You are not alone, we are always here for you..:-)

Hi Carol :-)

“Well, if it can be thought, it can be done, a problem can be overcome”

Congrats! I'm on my 18 months.

Congratulation, my friend! Your achievement - this is a really big motivation for other people
    Last edited by ceciliawheeler; 08-09-2017 at 06:19 AM.
    I know that a lot of people on this site already found necessary help and support to get rid of addiction. And I'm here for the same