Thankyou for making this important decision. I'm not going to fluff thisup and go over the benefits of quitting smoking. You've heard themall before. Most of us already know that quitting smoking is thesingle most important thing that you can do for your health.If you do exactlywhat I tell you in this eBook, you areguaranteed to succeed in quitting. In order to achieve freedom, youneed to do 3 things:

1. Read and understand the 6 key concepts in this eBook.

1. Construct a personalized quitting strategy.

1. Follow the quitting strategy using a zero-tolerance policy for yourself.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

AWord about Motivation

Sinceyou are reading this eBook, I'm going to assume that you already havea high level of willingness to quit smoking. If you don't, you needto get motivated right away. We call this high level of motivation"the gift of desperation." If you can become desperate toquit, then your chances of success will greatly increase.

1.First, realize the mortality rates involved and how quitting affectsthem. A very large and thorough 50 year study involving over tenthousand smokers revealed that it's never too late to quit. Thestudy demonstrated that people who smoke until they die typicallylived about 15 to 20 years less than their non-smoking counterparts.Quitting by age 50 cuts that time in half! And quitting by age 40knocks it down about 75 percent. Quitting before age 30 showed thesame mortality rates as non-smokers. Those are very encouragingstatistics! Even if you are a senior citizen, quitting smoking willadd several years to your life. Quitting at a younger age adds evenmore longevity and benefits.

1. Next, realize the immediate physical benefits of quitting: food willstart tasting better almost immediately as your taste buds grow back. Your oxygen levels will skyrocket and you'll have significantly more energy throughout the day. Your circulation will improve and your smokers cough will disappear….no more hacking. Almost all of these benefits start happening immediately upon quitting, and your body will continue to repair itself further during your first few months of non-smoking.

1. Visualize the freedom you'll gain by quitting smoking. The key wordhere is freedom. Realize that a pack a day smoker spends over a full month out of each year puffing on cigarettes. A full month of smoking

eachyear! So not only are you killing yourself slowly, you're alsowasting a great deal of time….time that could be spent doing otherthings, like enjoying your life. Don't fall into the trap here ofthinking that you actually enjoy smoking–you don't. What you"enjoy" is the relief you get when you light anothercigarette in order to avoid the onset of nicotine withdrawal. It'sall just one nicotine feeding after another so that you don't feelthe discomfort of withdrawal. Stop living like a zombie, go throughthe withdrawal once and for all, and start living a life of freedom.Not only will you have more energy and live longer as a result, butyou'll also have about an extra month out of each year that you usedto spend sucking down cancer sticks.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

6Critical Concepts that You Must Understand

Concept# 1: Smoking is EXTREMELY expensive - thereforewe canjustifyspending lots of money in order to help us quit.

Sincethe cost of smoking is so high, you can afford to spend a LOT ofmoney on quitting. This is important, because you're probably goingto spend a lot of money when you first quit smoking. You need tojustify these extra purchases by realizing it is MUCH cheaperthan continuing to smoke. Smoking costs you a fortune, and in morethan one way. It's not just the couple bucks you slap down for eachpack of smokes. In order to appreciate this and fully grasp thisconcept, we need to pause for a moment and determine just how muchour smoking is costing us.

1. The money you pay at the gas station for each pack of smokes. Cigarette prices continue to rise. A typical smoker spends around $2,000 each year, just on cigarettes. Obviously, this depends on how much you smoke and what you pay per pack. But there are other costs associated with smoking that don't really depend on how much or how often you smoke.

1. The lost productivity from extra sick days averages several thousand dollars per smoker per year. This is not just a guess; studies have been done that prove this lost productivity and increase in sick days is a real occurrence among smokers.

1. Years of Potential Life Lost - If you continue to smoke, you're going to die an average of 15 years early. How much are 15 years of YOUR life worth to you? Would you pay someone 20 bucks to extend your life for 15 years? Would you pay 100 bucks for that extra 15 years? (Do you see that 15 years of YOUR life has an infinite value?)

Sowhen it comes time to develop our quitting strategy, we don't wantany excuses associated with costs. Hopefully you can see that thereisn't any room for these excuses. You should be able to easilyjustify spending $2000 or more on quitting smoking, because smokingis costing you at least that much every single year. And if you don'tquit, those costs are just going to keep piling up as you keeppuffing away, until you die approximately 15 years early. You'reprobably wondering where you are going go get all this extra money Ikeep talking about. Don't worry about it--any extra money you mightneed is built right into the quitting strategy.

Recap:Here's what you need to learn from concept #1 - "I am going toquit smoking cigarettes for good, and that will save me a TON ofmoney in the long run. Therefore, I will not hesitate to spend bigmoney in order tohelp myself quit. Now that I've made the decision to quit, cost is noobject."

Concept# 2: Howto COMPLETELY avoid theworstpartof yourphysicalwithdrawal - a brilliant strategy that worked perfectly for me

Thehardest part of quitting smoking for most people are the physicalwithdrawals. It took me several quit attempts before I realized thatI could not consciously make it through these wretched withdrawals. Ijust could not do it. They were so uncomfortable, and they tended tolast for a couple of days (days 2 through 4 were severe) right up toabout two weeks (up until the two week point I still had mildwithdrawal symptoms).

Sofor me, getting through that initial withdrawal was critical. I'mtalking about days 2 through 4. The really nasty part. Here is thebig secret to get you through that time frame:

Youare going to sleep through it.

That'sright. That's the big secret. I figured it out by accident, really,and it worked perfectly. Here is how it all went down.

Firstof all, this strategy required some vacation time at work, but we'llget to that later. Just know that I had about 5 days off to get mestarted on my quit smoking journey. So let's see how this techniqueplays out:

Normally,a person who quits smoking will have all traces of nicotine leavetheir bloodstream right around the 72 hour mark. That is when thewithdrawal symptoms will peak. That is when you will feel theworst.So my idea was to gut it out--cold turkey--through thefirst two days, and then to sleep right through the worst part of mywithdrawal. How did I manage to do this? Well, I smoked my lastcigarette at 10 o'clock at night. I went to sleep, got up the nextday, and declared myself a non smoker. I went through my day (thisactually happened to be my last day at work before taking a shortvacation), and by that evening I was starting to feel the withdrawalkick in. I had made it almost 24 hours without a cigarette or anynicotine at all. Now here is the critical part that you're going tothink is crazy: I did not go to sleep that night. At all. Istayed up all night long, distracting myself with a couple ofcomputer projects and video games that I had prepared for myself inadvance. My withdrawal symptoms were getting worse and worse throughthe night, but I stayed up all night long--as long as I could,because that was part of my idea. Then, at about 9 o'clock thefollowing morning, I was really starting to get into the nastywithdrawal symptoms. Plus I was dead tired...tired beyond belief,actually. I ate a full meal and went to bed.... and thenstayed asleep for over 12 hours straight. When I woke up, Iknew I had itlicked. I was completely amazed, and I could feel the lingeringeffects of Nicotine withdrawal, but I knew I had it licked. I hadfinally conquered my cigarette addiction, by sleeping through thereally nasty part. That was over 2 years ago, and I have not smoked acigarette or used any nicotine whatsoever since then.

Thereare 3 things to note here that are vitally important:

1. The idea of sleeping through your withdrawal (this makes it so easy it is practically "cheating!")
  2. Using timing so that you are extra tired when you know your withdrawal symptoms will peak
  3. Planning a strategy out so that you can make this all happen, without having to worry about work, other obligations, etc.

Concept# 3: Dealingwith Psychological Triggers and Cravings

Evenafter you get through the first week of physical withdrawal, thereare going to be triggers and urges for the first couple of weeks.Luckily, you will no longer be going through a massive physicalwithdrawal, but these psychological triggers can be very compelling.You need a specific strategy to deal with them. What is an example ofa psychological trigger? Walking out of a movie at the movie theaterfor the first time after you have quit smoking. What did you used todo in this situation? You lit a cigarette. And your subconscious mindis going to be prompting you to take action. That is a trigger. Nowhere is the key: if you continue going to the movies, thatpsychological trigger will lose some of its power each time you makeit through without smoking.

Butit is amazing to notice how many triggers there are in the midst ofquitting smoking; everything you did throughout your day seemed to besomehow linked to smoking. Take any random activity–such as eatinga meal or riding in a car–and chances are good that you eithersmoked before, during, or after that activity….every singletime. Smoking wasn't just a generalized habit; it was a specificset of rituals ingrained into your daily routine.The psychologicaltriggers when you quit smoking are going to be linked to theseactivities. You have to make it through each activity acouple of times–like riding in the car, for example–beforeyoucan finally start making it through without craving acigarette. Use this information to your advantage, and took note ofwhen get a massive urge to smoke. Pay attention to thesepsychological triggers as they happen and they will start losingpower over you.

Inthe first few weeks of quitting, there is a fine line betweenobsessing over the fact that you are not smoking, and consciouslyraising your awareness of triggers so that you can lessen theirimpact. The key is all in yourattitude towards it –youare going to have triggers….lots of them.Letthem come, take note of them, and see that they have no power overyou. Conquer your triggers and feel positive when you make it throughyour urges without smoking. Say to yourself, "See, I just madeit through another meal without smoking afterwards. It's gettingeasier each time." Remind yourself: each activity you make itthrough without smoking is another victory. Give yourself credit. Ittakes time to reprogram yourmind.Remembernot to get angry and emotional when you get an urge tosmoke.At first, everything seems to be a trigger. Breathe deep and make itthrough to the next one. Very soon the urges will get less and lessfrequent, and you will realize that it is in fact getting better.Remember that the urges are necessary to go through, and that theyare temporary. Freedom is just around the corner. Breathe deep andlet the urge wash over you.

Hereis another excellent tip for conquering your triggers: Get astopwatch and put it in your pocket. When you get an urge, take thestopwatch out and start the timer. Let the stopwatch run and try togo back to what you were doing. At some point you will notice thatthe urge to smoke has temporarily ceased. Look at the stopwatch. Youwill absolutely be amazed at how short your urges are by doing this.Time distortion is a real symptom of nicotine withdrawal, andit makes it seem like our urges go on forever and ever. The stopwatchtrick can help put this into perspective. Try it!

(see part 2 cont.)