Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 111
drug addiction

Thread: drug addiction

Unregistered

drug addiction

My son is 20 years old and has a friend that he has known since Kindegarten.. His friend has been kicked out of 2 half way houses for testing dirty,,now the friends parents can not let him come back home so he is now with us,, my son wants to give him another chance.....................soooo confused what do i do??

I would tend to stay away from this one. To me it sounds like this kid is not done using drugs yet. I would NOT let him stay with me at this point.

If you let him stay, you are most likely enabling him, doing more harm than good.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Meninga View Post
    I would tend to stay away from this one. To me it sounds like this kid is not done using drugs yet. I would NOT let him stay with me at this point.

If you let him stay, you are most likely enabling him, doing more harm than good.

My 2 cents.
    I agree with Patrick.

i also agree with Patrick, because i think the friend of your son is a bad influence.just taking away your son to his friend as soon as so that he will not become a drug addict.

I think a second chance he deserve. But you need to be very strict with him and tell not to taste the dirty thing again in life.

Drug addiction!

I think your son is right because he wants to get back his boyhood friend on a right track. You should also help him because it's a social responsibility also to take care of any drug addicted people. If that guy come back on a right track then credit will go to you and your son isn't it?

I think your son is right. but should discuss this matter with his parents and you can try counselling also.

That's actually a pretty good question. What do you do? Because certainly - as others have already mentioned - there is a good reason his parents will not allow him to live with them. You may very well be undermining their efforts to make him face the consequences of his actions. Then again, I - at one point long ago - was in a very similar situation as this boy your talking about. I was thrown out of my own home and was fortunate enough to have had a friend who's parents welcomed me tentatively into their home on a temporary basis. I can say from that experience that simply getting thrown out of my own parents home was shock enough to point me in the right direction despite having a safe, warm place to sleep at my friends parents home. Of course, I was even a bit younger than your son's friend at 16 or 17, as I recall. I was really scared - loosing the support of my parents at that age hit home hard, and I remember resolving to do the right thing after that and I suppose it worked...at least for that time period in my life.

Good luck figuring this one out.
    Jeong (heart connection) Gi (spirit - energy) James ...thats me

Better than worshipping gods is obedience to the laws of righteousness.

~The Buddha